• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Strauss-Kahn case is 'close to collapse', say reports"

Collapse

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I think his behaviour was daft but I am sure he was stitched up or it could have been that she wanted to steal from the room. How can she claim that she accidently wandered into the most expensive hotel suite accidently because she thought is was empty?
    She worked in the hotel as a maid, it was her job to clean the room.

I have had staff come into my room when they thought it was empty.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Sounds like he was stitched up.
    I think his behaviour was daft but I am sure he was stitched up or it could have been that she wanted to steal from the room. How can she claim that she accidently wandered into the most expensive hotel suite accidently because she thought is was empty?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I see Air France had to change the staff in first class if he was traveling.

Air France 'wouldn't let women staff serve Great Seducer Strauss-Kahn' | Mail Online
    Air France and any other airline has a duty of care to it's employees. If someone is suspected of being likely to harass female staff they risk being publicly embarrassed and possibly sued if they don't do something to prevent it happening.

I don't think he would have been arrested if he was innocent.
    He's reported to have a history of it particularly in the IMF.

Then again it looks like his sort of behaviour is common in all European and other similar agencies - Scandalous European Parliament Email Triggers Gossipping - Guy Fawkes' blog

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I see Air France had to change the staff in first class if he was traveling.

Air France 'wouldn't let women staff serve Great Seducer Strauss-Kahn' | Mail Online

I don't think he would have been arrested if he was innocent.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    There is a court case pending, a plaintiff, a defendant, the police, two legal teams and a judge & jury being set up for the trial.

I want to take that judgment which is in process over the process over media to web to forum to poster.

If he is guilty chop his nuts off I say but I say let them work it out first before being opinionated
    How the French and American media treat defendants and plaintiffs is different to how the UK does.

In the UK if the stuff that had been publicised in the way the French and Americans have done there would be editors, individual journalists etc charged with contempt of court.

People are allowed a fair trial in the UK and that means not revealing the dirt on either side or even personal details such as exactly where the woman lives.

Edited to say: Rape cases are the most difficult cases to prosecute as most cases go on "he says, she says" as there are no witness. You can only convict if there is no reasonable doubt, and as most people aren't whiter than white the alleged perpetrator gets off.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 4 July 2011, 16:34.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    As I said I think he has a problem that has been covered up, because of the warnings he received.

BBC News - Strauss-Kahn to face rape suit by Tristane Banon

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Yes I think there is guilt on his part, not necessarly in this case. Karma is a B1ach.
    There is a court case pending, a plaintiff, a defendant, the police, two legal teams and a judge & jury being set up for the trial.

I want to take that judgment which is in process over the process over media to web to forum to poster.

If he is guilty chop his nuts off I say but I say let them work it out first before being opinionated

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    You are presuming guilt there on his part, and when I say that I am not building his defence, if he is guilty I would in a daily mail style voice 'throw away the key'. On the other hand I do not think it was a stitch up, the truth is something we are miles away from us ever knowing. Kind of saying I do not approve of media courts and people excepting the paper's verdict before a trial has started.
    Yes I think there is guilt on his part, not necessarly in this case. Karma is a B1ach.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Sometime it takes something like this to happen, then the truth comes out.

I saw an interview with the French president where he said he had warned Strauss-Kahn to be carefull in the US. Why would he have done that is there was not a reason.

He may get way with it, but as I said, things may change for women in France.
    You are presuming guilt there on his part, and when I say that I am not building his defence, if he is guilty I would in a daily mail style voice 'throw away the key'. On the other hand I do not think it was a stitch up, the truth is something we are miles away from us ever knowing. Kind of saying I do not approve of media courts and people excepting the paper's verdict before a trial has started.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    I can't help thinking he has been stitched up on this one. They will know of his previous activities, it was fairly common knowledge anyway. They wanted him out, job done, now I expect he will be allowed to crawl back home.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I would just rather the truth was found and appropriate action is taken.
    Sometime it takes something like this to happen, then the truth comes out.

I saw an interview with the French president where he said he had warned Strauss-Kahn to be carefull in the US. Why would he have done that is there was not a reason.

He may get way with it, but as I said, things may change for women in France.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I would just rather the truth was found and appropriate action is taken.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    There has been an up side to this for French women.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/07/wo...xualharassment

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/01/wo...xualharassment

Leave a comment:

• Mason Boyne
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Possibly. Possibly it is because these crimes are hard to prosecute.
    He may have been stitched up but just what did he do to compromise his position?

If his behaviour was whiter than white they wouldn't be able to pin anything on him.

No smoke without fire...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Possibly. Possibly it is because these crimes are hard to prosecute.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X