• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Post gone

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Post gone"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Re: Missed opportunity

The problem is give a Scotsman a little bit of authority and it goes to his head.

Gordon Brown.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Moderation

Well I didn't see the thread in question but I think the mods here have it about right.

It is very difficult to pitch moderation, I know from experience that either too much or too little and the board dies.

This is quite a lively and active board so I think that speaks for itself.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Missed opportunity

After all, unless they will start paying the good 500-600 quid a day, I don't see any monetary advantage of taking a shorter term contract.
    Franco, we've already been through that one. £600 p/d should be the minimum you consider.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    "Don't become a permie "

I don't consider myself a permie. I am in a long term contract. After all, unless they will start paying the good 500-600 quid a day, I don't see any monetary advantage of taking a shorter term contract.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ...its permiedom. Since AtW gave up permiedom he's become more laid back, and Franco went into permiedom.

Don't become a permie :\

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I started to speak russian too.
    Who told you that, my friend?

Perhaps AtW has found himself a nice English lass. Could explain the mellowed mood.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I started to speak russian too.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Do you ever get the feeling that Atw and Franco have swapped personalities? It all happened a couple of months ago when Atw became more laid back and Franco became all uptight.

Weird!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    "Don't knock ScotsPine, he's the moderator.

I think he does a good job. "

I always appreciated his efforts to keep to board to a reasonable level. However, lately I felt that he could have done something while lots of abuse and insulting was going on. Perhaps, he is fine with that but if his worries are that this board doesn't generate to CC levels is only thanks to some of its more mannered posters while he was completely ignoring all of that.

Yet, SP even if you are well-spoken, your manners are polite only in the form but not in the substance with what you are just saying to me, and indeed I find you rather offensive and defamatory, even if your terms are more gentle and sophisticated than the average chav.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Re: Post gone

yesterday started off being quite a good day for me. as happy as a sandboy with my new amp. you lot ...
    Yesterday was a good day...today is good as well. My only disappointment is that the lovely Orla thread has been removed. Did I mention that Orla is lovely? However, there is an RPG thread, which is even more wonderful and makes my inner geek happy, so it balances out in the end

i'm happy to discuss further if you still feel aggrieved but i gave up on it yesterday when i saw others jumping onboard and starting to snipe from the sidelines.
    No, it's okay; not something I will lose sleep over

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    traj, i've sometimes gone

and often figured. it has **everything** to do with the mods [or lack of].

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ws, for goodness sake! nobody has remotely suggested you're not welcome. you are beginning to bahave a bit like franco, picking up a wild notion and running with it. i noticed that yesterday when you referred to my mention of 'lunatics' as though i were including you. at that time, i assumed you were joking. maybe you were serious? like franco moaning about my term 'knucklehead'. that was meant in humour, [read the post again], and an attempt to defuse the situation, a situation contributed to by franco jumping in, out of the blue with both feet, to a discussion he really had nothing positive to contribute to. i can't believe you are still hanging on to this. i'm happy to discuss further if you still feel aggrieved but i gave up on it yesterday when i saw others jumping onboard and starting to snipe from the sidelines.

yesterday started off being quite a good day for me. as happy as a sandboy with my new amp. you lot ...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I can't believe nobody has commented on the major difference between this board and CCNet (or whatever - is it still going - I must pay a visit to see - what's the URL).

It's got nothing to do with moderators. The fact is that this board is mostly frequented by contractors and the other by agents.

Go figure. (as the Septics would say).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Don't knock ScotsPine, he's the moderator.
    Threaded, no one is knocking ScotsPine personally. Simply, as intelligent, reasoned adults, we are interested in discussing issues and trying to find a common ground. At the very least, we are interested in understanding the reasons behind certain decisions.

Or do you advocate a culture in which we silently accept any decision without question? ScotsPine himself stated that he disagrees with simply going with the flow “whatever the context”. If that’s true, it cuts both ways, and he should expect people to question and even challenge his decisions. Or perhaps the ‘owners’ of this board should simply ban anyone who questions a decision and make this board by invitation only. That would remove all the trouble-makers like me who clearly aren’t welcome.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Don't knock ScotsPine, he's the moderator.

I think he does a good job.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X