• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Harperson proposes sexual discrimination in the workplace"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    On a sensible note as a female working in what could be the ultimate male industry (construction)
    Good on yer! I'm all for anything that improves the quality of Builder's Bum.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Ahhh yes the great plan, with female scientists we have “proven” that we are the same species so you will not expect it when we take over the world, forcing you men into sexual slavery while we do all the hard work…..erm, hang on….
    Now we're talking!

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Mason Boyne View Post
    Women are ok in their place. After all said and done science has proved that they're almost human!
    Ahhh yes the great plan, with female scientists we have “proven” that we are the same species so you will not expect it when we take over the world, forcing you men into sexual slavery while we do all the hard work…..erm, hang on….

On a sensible note as a female working in what could be the ultimate male industry (construction) I can say I have only ever once been at the receiving end of a discriminatory comment (& the giver was overdue for retirement & just of a different era) yes there is banter but that goes on for all the team & I give as good as I get, I am judge for what I do & not what I am so I think society is improving, as ever there will be “radicals” but generally life is shiny

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Personally I have spent much of my adult life thinking women are fantasic but if you geeks want to argue if the female body is less able to produce a brain capable of computer programming you are missing the point.
    Women are fabulous. Much more than the sum of their parts. Although some of their parts are fabulous too.

Leave a comment:

• Mason Boyne
    replied
    Women are ok in their place. After all said and done science has proved that they're almost human!

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    thanks

if you want to, you can fck off now

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post

Very funny ....
    thanks

if you want to, you can fck off now

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    predators, africa , Wim121.

i can feel a song coming on

Very funny ....

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    predators, africa , Wim121.

i can feel a song coming on

Near the CUK village
    The peaceful CUK village
    The lion sleeps tonight
    Near the CUK village
    The quiet CUK village
    The lion sleeps tonight

wim121 away

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Oh for feck's sake - clearly I wasn't unambiguous enough!

I didn't call you a predator - I suggested that you thinking that huge numbers of women were viewing you as a predator was a figment of an overactive, misogynistic imagination! I think you just proved the point.

But well done - you got me to respond to another trolling post.
    Feel free to close your eyes and ignore reality. Have fun living in your bubble.

Meanwhile, the rest of us live in a society where rights are given to women over men. Your denial of it is just ludricous.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    How are you being victimised?

The point of positive discrimination in certain cases is to change how society views other sectors of society including those who are normally excluded.

For example having more male primary school teachers helps to:
    1. Stop boys normal behaviour being stigmatised
    2. Give children who don't have good male role models them
    etc.

On the other hand while having more female politicians is good the fact that all we are getting is the replacement of male politicians from a certain background i.e. Harperson's with female politicians from the same background isn't a good thing.
    ????

What did any of that have to do with what I said ....

Positive discrimination:
    What Is Positive Discrimination? | Ask Jeeves

I thought I said this quite cleary before, obviously not!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Should'nt you be getting the old boys supper ready?
    Funny you should say that...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post

I didn't call you a predator - I suggested that you thinking that huge numbers of women were viewing you as a predator was a figment of an overactive, misogynistic imagination! I think you just proved the point.

Should'nt you be getting the old boys supper ready?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    How have I?

All you referenced is my post that I made in response to being called a predator which is laughable ....

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Personally I have spent much of my adult life thinking women are fantasic but if you geeks want to argue if the female body is less able to produce a brain capable of computer programming you are missing the point.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

I just dont see how victimising a sector of society, previously supposedly unvictimised makes things right and my point.

If we want equality, we must try to understand others perspectives. Instead of getting more rights for one sector of society, by undermining the rights of another sector ....
    How are you being victimised?

The point of positive discrimination in certain cases is to change how society views other sectors of society including those who are normally excluded.

For example having more male primary school teachers helps to:
    1. Stop boys normal behaviour being stigmatised
    2. Give children who don't have good male role models them
    etc.

On the other hand while having more female politicians is good the fact that all we are getting is the replacement of male politicians from a certain background i.e. Harperson's with female politicians from the same background isn't a good thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X