• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "L2B evidence for Marillionfan"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Yeah yeah, laugh it up ya fookers.

Don't forget to sponsor here
    Fook me. You've even failed at raising the money.

All the rich contractors on this site who may be in need of a heart charity at some point in the future(NF, RH, Xog, EO) don't even believe you did it. You can't even get over the £300 barrier.

Poor show.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Is this anything to do with the 5lbs weight gain?
    According to my diet book. Half an hour on the bike = 1 pint. Two hours is also a whisky chaser, while three hours is an additional packet of pork scratchings plus a baileys.

I went out for six hours last week and when I got home I could hardly walk.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Just an hour off road. Sweat falling off me. It's hot damn hot, I saw a group of fellas in orange robes walk past and they burst into flames.

Couple of pints were needed on return to rehydrate.
    Is this anything to do with the 5lbs weight gain?

Leave a comment:

• adubya
    replied
    Did 33 miles offroad this morning, started at 8am to avoid the heat. Just about ready to drop now

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Ffffffffffffffffffff. Puffed out watching 'im
    Just an hour off road. Sweat falling off me. It's hot damn hot, I saw a group of fellas in orange robes walk past and they burst into flames.

Couple of pints were needed on return to rehydrate.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Hang in there MF!!!

Ffffffffffffffffffff. Puffed out watching 'im

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    As it happens, I'm going out now.

Hang in there MF!!!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Yip, after 2 months solid cycling the scales have only just started heading southwards. Several notches down on the belt, but still the same weight more or less. Quads the size of Bedfordshire though

Stick at it, you can join me for the L2B in September if you like.
    As it happens, I'm going out now.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I've halved my alcohol intake. Cut out sugar and cut out about 500 calories out of my food diet and started cycling doing about 60miles week before lasy but only 20 this week.

I've put on 5lbs.
    Yip, after 2 months solid cycling the scales have only just started heading southwards. Several notches down on the belt, but still the same weight more or less. Quads the size of Bedfordshire though

Stick at it, you can join me for the L2B in September if you like.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

OK I'll mop up after myself.

Cutting my boozing down considerably, and actually starting to enjoy the change. Just sipping and not guzzling is far more relaxing. SY02 nearly feinted yesterday when I had a couple of beers with my father in law and then plumped for a coffee. Not normal SY01 practice.

I've halved my alcohol intake. Cut out sugar and cut out about 500 calories out of my food diet and started cycling doing about 60miles week before lasy but only 20 this week.

I've put on 5lbs.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I wasn't talking about you

To be fair, I've got rid of about 3/4 of a stone since new year and cut my alcohol intake substantially (although 2 500ml bottles of 5% beer equates to 5 units so still exceeds the guideline daily intake) so by this time next year I should be down to a sensible weight and in much better shape all round.

OK I'll mop up after myself.

Cutting my boozing down considerably, and actually starting to enjoy the change. Just sipping and not guzzling is far more relaxing. SY02 nearly feinted yesterday when I had a couple of beers with my father in law and then plumped for a coffee. Not normal SY01 practice.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I don't have a fatty liver nor has the doctor told me to ease up. I am indeed at least 3 stone overweight though.
    I wasn't talking about you

To be fair, I've got rid of about 3/4 of a stone since new year and cut my alcohol intake substantially (although 2 500ml bottles of 5% beer equates to 5 units so still exceeds the guideline daily intake) so by this time next year I should be down to a sensible weight and in much better shape all round.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    When I was younger I used to cycle a lot. I set myself a target of covering 100 miles in 4 hours, but the best I actually managed was 4:23. Obviously that was non-stop with eats and drinks all taken at cruising speed.

I obviously can't do that these days though. When I got back on my bike in 2007 I couldn't even get into the right position on the bike or make it up the hill near my house without stopping. I don't think it's that hard to build the power output up again, cos after a few months I could manage an hour or so at 20mph, but building the endurance to sustain it for 4-5 hours is a different matter cos you really need to put a lot of time in. When I started aiming at the 100 miles before I was already riding 50-60 miles at that sort of speed a couple of times a week and obviously I didn't start from a platform of being a 3st overweight middle aged pisshead.

Perhaps 5 hours is a bit optimistic.
    I don't have a fatty liver nor has the doctor told me to ease up. I am indeed at least 3 stone overweight though.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Pork Belly
    Is this what you're looking for?

Say Hi to Threaded when you see him.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Did it a few years back - think I took around 9 hours - moving average 12.5 ish, plus refreshment stops / photo stops / faffing. Thinking about doing it again - need to have something to aim for to keep motivated.
    When I was younger I used to cycle a lot. I set myself a target of covering 100 miles in 4 hours, but the best I actually managed was 4:23. Obviously that was non-stop with eats and drinks all taken at cruising speed.

I obviously can't do that these days though. When I got back on my bike in 2007 I couldn't even get into the right position on the bike or make it up the hill near my house without stopping. I don't think it's that hard to build the power output up again, cos after a few months I could manage an hour or so at 20mph, but building the endurance to sustain it for 4-5 hours is a different matter cos you really need to put a lot of time in. When I started aiming at the 100 miles before I was already riding 50-60 miles at that sort of speed a couple of times a week and obviously I didn't start from a platform of being a 3st overweight middle aged pisshead.

Perhaps 5 hours is a bit optimistic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X