• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "On the bench and aready being dicked about by agencies"

Collapse

• MayContainNuts
    replied
    You just need to plug away. Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Where's the N come from in LNB? London-Norwich-Brighton? Is that why it took him all day?
    London (Nowhere near) Brighton

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    He's making it up.

I also believe he's made the completion of the LNB up as well. Where is the video? Where is the triumphant picture? Where is the boasting?

To be fair to Suity, nobody believed he was going to make it. So making it should preclude a huge amount of triumphant willy waving and told you so.

But there isn't.

This is a moon landing scenario.
    Where's the N come from in LNB? London-Norwich-Brighton? Is that why it took him all day?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    He's making it up.

I also believe he's made the completion of the LNB up as well. Where is the video? Where is the triumphant picture? Where is the boasting?

To be fair to Suity, nobody believed he was going to make it. So making it should preclude a huge amount of triumphant willy waving and told you so.

But there isn't.

Don't be silly.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    This is not your problem Suity. If the beggars refuse to tell you the client details you can't possibly know whether you have been put forward for the same thing twice. I'd say feck 'em and move on. (and don't deal with those agencies any more).
    He's making it up.

But there isn't.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Got a call from the second agency this afternoon. It is the same gig. They did put me forward. It's a mess. The first agency wants me to send a written statement that I exclusively gave him sole permission to represent me. Crossed wires or not, this stinks. I told agency B that I need to drop out of the running, and that I am no longer interested in the role. Still not got a clue who the other two agencies are ffs.

This could get nasty so best to stay out of it. Also I moaned at agency 2 for not sending through their details. Muttered some excuse and said they would send them through again. Nothing. I cannot contact them, and I assume they do not wish to be contacted.
    This is not your problem Suity. If the beggars refuse to tell you the client details you can't possibly know whether you have been put forward for the same thing twice. I'd say feck 'em and move on. (and don't deal with those agencies any more).

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Sadly it was a great certification to have back in the day (2003) but the bobs devalued the award. I walk into jobs based on that cert.

Leave a comment:

• xchaotic
    replied
    Still won't tell me who it's for, just that it's a well known legal practice.
    If the location starts with Myth* I might be able to help, PM me.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Mason Boyne View Post
    His employment status is about as tenuous as the value of your gold reserves.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
    LOL

Anyway - Surely there should be some common sense applied here?

If I'm qualifying someone, I want to know whether they've been put forwards for the role. Whether that means asking who they've been put forwards to, or whether they've been put forwards to XYZ, it matters not - but you should be able to identify whether you've been spoken to about the same role previously before agreeing to submission. I know everyone is chasing work here there and everywhere, but the more people who refuse to be put forwards without clear information, then better.....
    Got a call from the second agency this afternoon. It is the same gig. They did put me forward. It's a mess. The first agency wants me to send a written statement that I exclusively gave him sole permission to represent me. Crossed wires or not, this stinks. I told agency B that I need to drop out of the running, and that I am no longer interested in the role. Still not got a clue who the other two agencies are ffs.

This could get nasty so best to stay out of it. Also I moaned at agency 2 for not sending through their details. Muttered some excuse and said they would send them through again. Nothing. I cannot contact them, and I assume they do not wish to be contacted.
    Last edited by suityou01; 21 June 2011, 18:30.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You on the bench?

You just posted in Technical about solving a problem for a client?

I'm putting together a fixed price bid for some work, and need to know what technologies to use. Still means I'm on the bench though.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    It is a belter of a tale.

It is classic how many agents ask if I have got experience in JEE when my CV says SCEA Certification was given 7 years ago on the front page.
    You can get certified on the playstation now?

About SCEA - The PlayStation® Story, Offices, Management, Milestones & Technology

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    I don't how many times I've had a conversation along these lines:

Agent: So do you know C#
    Jmo21: yes
    A: What about .Net
    J: yeeesss...

Hadn't heard the winzip one before, that's a beauty!
    It is a belter of a tale.

It is classic how many agents ask if I have got experience in JEE when my CV says SCEA Certification was given 7 years ago on the front page.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You know the hiring manager is very probably technically able, you know yourself to be technically able and in a position to explain that to the hiring manager, sadly HR and the agents come between a meeting with a completely uninformed abstract view on the role and the candidate. Like a blind person selling a painting I suppose. "So what is this thing called relational databases, have you got much experience in them".

Cliphead's tale about not being put forward for a role because he never had winzip on his CV is a corker.
    I don't how many times I've had a conversation along these lines:

Agent: So do you know C#
    Jmo21: yes
    A: What about .Net
    J: yeeesss...

Hadn't heard the winzip one before, that's a beauty!

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Why do agencies need to be so tight lipped, devious and cretinous (sorry Dodgy not you you're lovely)

Agency rings and asks me if they can put my CV forward for gig A. Won't tell me who it's with, or precisely where, but I know it's in West Yorkshire. Day rate is fine, work sounds ok. Sure, go for it.

Next agency rings and asks if they can put me forward for gig B. Won't tell me who it's with, or precisely where, bit I know it's in West Yorkshire. Date rate is fine, work sounds ok. I highlight I've already been put forward for a similar sounding gig in West Yorkshire. I am told to rest assured they're not the same gig. Still won't tell me who it's for, just that it's a well known legal practice.
    That's agencies for you!

I wouldnt worry about it, I have the same happen .... Once you get an offer back and find out who it is, then you can decide to accept or reject ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X