• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Interviewers that don't understand contractors"

Collapse

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    probably you were the only interviewee who had the balls to do so. Fretting about offending during an interview should be reserved for those with tourettes
    It was a typical new media agency, they're always so busy with clients their own sites are either hideously dated, overengineered or just plain tulip

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Lose the attitude son, and you may just have a chance.
    Hush, now, you silly.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    I've told clients their website is tulipe and still got the contract
    probably you were the only interviewee who had the balls to do so. Fretting about offending during an interview should be reserved for those with tourettes

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I'm am currently (or am meant to be currently) spending an inordinate amount of time preparing for an interview for a not very big contract. It's not I.T. related but business change and I need to know about the topic. I could do with the contract as the experience will open doors for me.
    Lose the attitude son, and you may just have a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    But it told you how it viewed itself.
    Aye, a good point. That would have given me some good questions for the interviewers.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I have a look but don't think I've ever spent more than 5 minutes doing background reading.
    Either they need someone to do the needful or they don't
    I'm am currently (or am meant to be currently) spending an inordinate amount of time preparing for an interview for a not very big contract. It's not I.T. related but business change and I need to know about the topic. I could do with the contract as the experience will open doors for me.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Last 2 suits I bought was in Singapore
    But did you ask the tailor where he sees himself in "n" years time?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Where do you buy your suits?
    Last 2 suits I bought was in Singapore

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I always have a look at the website of a company I interview with, I also like to do a bit of background reading and work out who their main competitors are and so on.
    I have a look but don't think I've ever spent more than 5 minutes doing background reading.
    Either they need someone to do the needful or they don't

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    The last time I looked up the website for a prospective client it was full of words like synergy and global leader, but actually told me diddly squat about what the company did.
    But it told you how it viewed itself.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    They said "You hopefully have learnt a lot about us from our web site and done a bit of research"

The last time I looked up the website for a prospective client it was full of words like synergy and global leader, but actually told me diddly squat about what the company did.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Do you ask the same of your plumber, tailor, motor insurance broker?
    Yes. I try to avoid dealing with people who don't take any pride or satisfaction from their work, because it shows. This is particularly true of a craftsmen such as a plumber or a tailor. The best craftspeople, artists, engineers and scientists are and always have been passionate about what they do.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
    Tailor!? We're not in Singapore y'know!!
    Where do you buy your suits?

Leave a comment:

• PinkPoshRat
    replied
    Do you ask the same of your plumber, tailor, motor insurance broker?
    Tailor!? We're not in Singapore y'know!!

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    We're all in it for the money. Anyone who says different is lying. HTH.
    So true of any industry

Leave a comment:

Working...
X