• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Funniest advert mail from an umbrella"

Collapse

• Bunk
    replied
    I'm supposed to get 50Mb and I only get 47.5

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I fully understand why I don't get 24Mbps and I've never complained, just using it as a comparison.

Although it's factualy correct ISP's have been rapped for using it as it can be missleading at best, they never say "Average speed of 7Mbps" in the headline and "Up to 24Mbps" in the small print do they.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    'Up to' is a meaningless claim.

My broadband is 'up to' 24Mbps, I get 4Mbps.
    It's not meaningless.

It means that no one on that package gets more than 24Mbps.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Not really.

Your broadband is 4MBps. The package you are paying for covers anyone whose broadband speed falls in the range of 0.5MBps to 24MBps.

Pedantic I know, but I hate when folk moan saying my broadband is upto X and I only get X minus whatever.

Some people will be lucky and get close to 24MBs, others like you will be much lower.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by rd409 View Post
    Have nothing to say about this.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by rd409 View Post
    Like it.

Honest.

Leave a comment:

• rd409
    started a topic Funniest advert mail from an umbrella

Funniest advert mail from an umbrella

Do contractors know their limits?

If your take home pay is too good to be true, then it most probably is.

T***** will help you take home up to 85% of your income and we'll give you an iPad 2* at the same time.

*£300 cash alternative available. Terms and conditions apply.

Working...
X