• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: SAP question

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SAP question"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied
    sorry mate, not at all,

stick to .Net folks, it's the future

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Stick your .Net folks
    Freudian slip Milan?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Hello TinTin,

morning all, back from an excellent skiing holiday.

Well well, it is very reassuring to see there there is _nobody_
    technical SAP here !!! Listen to you lot, trying to see who can be
    the most impressive with the most nonsense and patting each
    other on the back - you are the boyz.

Stick your .Net folks, it's the future.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• TinTin
    replied
    Help

Where is Milan B (SAP expert?) when you need him ?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Threaded, are you trying to tell us there is something YOU ARE NOT A WORLD LEADING EXPERT in?

Can you not jump in your Lambo and maybe ask the King of Denmark to help you out?

I'm confused

Leave a comment:

• eternalnomad
    replied
    Originally posted by SAPBoy
    Yup LSC. Are you in London now or have you been airlifted out?

Have sent you a PM

Leave a comment:

• eternalnomad
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    You need this!

Bullsh*it Generator

Yes - the first skill of any SAP contractor is bullsh1t

Second skill - billing

Leave a comment:

• SAPBoy
    replied
    Yup LSC. Are you in London now or have you been airlifted out?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    You need this!

Bullsh*it Generator

Leave a comment:

• eternalnomad
    replied
    I may have some involvement in streamling processes. What about you?
    very good....LSC perhaps ?

Yes - I am also busy "GSAPing" - the role I am in though doesnt reflect my skills or experience - I took it as a stocking filler when a previous more suitable role fell through at the last minute. They told me it would only last a couple of months but have been here for >6 and getting very bored.

Leave a comment:

• SAPBoy
    replied
    I may have some involvement in streamling processes. What about you?

Leave a comment:

• eternalnomad
    replied
    Currently proj managing but APO/PP by proffesion. Working on a huuuge proj at the mo.
    You?
    Would the phrase "GSAP" mean anything to you ?

Leave a comment:

• SAPBoy
    replied
    Currently proj managing but APO/PP by proffesion. Working on a huuuge proj at the mo.
    You?

Leave a comment:

• eternalnomad
    replied
    I agree totally with the previous post but the other thing you have to consider is that SAP implementations are supposed to be (have to be if it's to work) business driven. Generally the teams will be split by function - Finance, logistics, sales etc. There will also be teams for tecnical - Basis, developments etc. The functional team needs to be made up of SAP consultants (identified by their blue shirts and cufflinks) and business people. The business people have to be the ones who really understand how their business currently works and how it should work in the future. The key is to get consultants who know what they're doing and business people who believe in the future processes, otherwise they'll try to sneak back to their day jobs.

If you want a basic roadmap for project stages then PM me.
    very good points SAPBoy - its very true that without proper business engagement the whole project will be one very expensive failed IT project.

What modules areas do you work in ?

Leave a comment:

• SAPBoy
    replied
    Business driven

I agree totally with the previous post but the other thing you have to consider is that SAP implementations are supposed to be (have to be if it's to work) business driven. Generally the teams will be split by function - Finance, logistics, sales etc. There will also be teams for tecnical - Basis, developments etc. The functional team needs to be made up of SAP consultants (identified by their blue shirts and cufflinks) and business people. The business people have to be the ones who really understand how their business currently works and how it should work in the future. The key is to get consultants who know what they're doing and business people who believe in the future processes, otherwise they'll try to sneak back to their day jobs.

If you want a basic roadmap for project stages then PM me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X