• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Scheme - Episode 3"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    The Scheme meets British Wrestling

This movie is a classic. "Get yee, you ****". Worth a watch when you have time.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Public sector would never allow it to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    What f's me off is the fact that those who are given benefits are under no pressure to do anything for their handout, I do understand there are cases that can't, disabled for instance. There is no ROI on benefits and there should be.

Even if they had to do 10 hours a week community service or similar to enhance their local area it would be something. Park maintenance, cutting communal grass, removing graffiti etc.... loads that could be done with zero additional skills if they got off their backsides.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    I say keep benefits but those that are able to work , make them do community work or no benefit money. In a year the country would be a different place.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    What's wrong? Your giro late you working class, one CSE Northern chimp?
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I thank you.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Typical rantings of a middle-class tory w4nker.
    What's wrong? Your giro late you working class, one CSE Northern chimp?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Its this last comment that pisses me off. Not that you are unique in expressing it. Far from it.

The longer term unemployed are ill educated and the majority have a 'better than thou' attitude. They won't wait tables, pick up litter, clean toilets, work in McDonalds! These people have it installed that their self worth are higher than others and deserve more. Hence we get better educated , poorer people to come in to do the work.

I'm proud to have done all those jobs(I didn't do MaccyDs though). To me it is more important to work, thats self worth, not the 'quality' of work. Remember your tulip smells as much as the next person.
    Typical rantings of a middle-class tory w4nker.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    And TBH we need to do something about the quality of work as well, a lot of minimum wage jobs would still be demeaning if they paid 10x as much.

doodab in used to be poor once mode.
    Its this last comment that pisses me off. Not that you are unique in expressing it. Far from it.

The longer term unemployed are ill educated and the majority have a 'better than thou' attitude. They won't wait tables, pick up litter, clean toilets, work in McDonalds! These people have it installed that their self worth are higher than others and deserve more. Hence we get better educated , poorer people to come in to do the work.

I'm proud to have done all those jobs(I didn't do MaccyDs though). To me it is more important to work, thats self worth, not the 'quality' of work. Remember your tulip smells as much as the next person.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Prince Philip
    "How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?" Asked of a Scottish driving instructor in 1995.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Nah. You're 'avin a laugh again. Current benefit levels are £50 a week? No bugger could survive on that and no bugger would choose it.
    Sadly an awful lot of people choose that and supplement it with a bit of "borrowing". I don't think we should abolish benefits cos there are some truly needy people out there, but there are also those who take the piss.

What we really need to get rid of is the situations where most of the wage earners in a family are out of work long term. And TBH we need to do something about the quality of work as well, a lot of minimum wage jobs would still be demeaning if they paid 10x as much.

doodab in used to be poor once mode.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Nah. You're 'avin a laugh again. Current benefit levels are £50 a week? No bugger could survive on that and no bugger would choose it.
    Add in free prescriptions, dental, council tax, rent and then recalculate that toots!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Brrrrrrrrr. They may not necessarily be a smack head but oxygen thief.....

90% of people on benefits could take a job, it's just that 'minimum wage' is an insult. Some people are to proud and precious to take 'work', because that work means cleaning, waiting, service etc.

Benefits are a travesty. They kill effort and a work attitude. I once claimed a weeks 'income support' when I was 19 and I still feel ashamed. And for the record, this is my real view not a CUK troll. I have no time for it or the people who
    claim it.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Because not everyone who gets benefits is a smack head or an oxygen thief?
    Brrrrrrrrr. They may not necessarily be a smack head but oxygen thief.....

90% of people on benefits could take a job, it's just that 'minimum wage' is an insult. Some people are to proud and precious to take 'work', because that work means cleaning, waiting, service etc.

Benefits are a travesty. They kill effort and a work attitude. I once claimed a weeks 'income support' when I was 19 and I still feel ashamed. And for the record, this is my real view not a CUK troll. I have no time for it or the people who
    claim it.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied

Why the **** do we not ban benefits!!!??
    Because not everyone who gets benefits is a smack head or an oxygen thief?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Just and endless line of public sector workers trying to make out it is all out fault.
    Of course, the 16 year old knocked up by the 20 year old heroin addict (who looked like a 12 year old) was given a new flat. 'yeah I'm getting a new kitchen. I'm getting a new bathroom. He spends all his giro on smack!'. Nothing wrong with that model. :

Why the **** do we not ban benefits!!!??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X