• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: thetrainline.com

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "thetrainline.com"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    I typically use thetrainline to pick tickets at the station (posting is so last year), they charge £1 booking fee with debit card, price of tickets bought directly on train I use seem the same.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by manclarky View Post
    What you using them for anyway? They offer the same tickets at National Rail Enquiries - Official source for UK train times and timetables for the same price, but don't charge you to send them out!
    Aha! The old postage and packaging ploy!

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Site Maitenance ffs - if you can't maintain 24/7 web operations at least try doing this "maintenance" in early hours on Sunday or something like this
    They charge a booking fee on top of what the suppliers charge. I get my tickets directly from TPExpress.co.uk if i can be bothered to buy them online.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by manclarky View Post
    What you using them for anyway? They offer the same tickets at National Rail Enquiries - Official source for UK train times and timetables for the same price, but don't charge you to send them out!
    Indeed, I had to buy some tickets recently. I checked thetrainline.com then decided to check the price on the east coast line website. Got the same tickets for £15 less and free postage

Leave a comment:

• manclarky
    replied
    Site Maitenance ffs - if you can't maintain 24/7 web operations at least try doing this "maintenance" in early hours on Sunday or something like this

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Most normal people are in bed at 01:03.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    That's nothing client sites public facing websites were down for nearly two weeks when they a network failure, now that's incompetence

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic thetrainline.com

thetrainline.com

Working...
X