• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agent phones and requests 'references' just to sign me in to agency"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
    PM me and I'll be a reference (as long as you tell me how good or bad you did your work, oh and remind me where you did it and when!!!)
    Never mind; I've got enough references if I need them. I'm just warning people about this tactic.

Leave a comment:

• PinkPoshRat
    replied
    PM me and I'll be a reference (as long as you tell me how good or bad you did your work, oh and remind me where you did it and when!!!)

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Agent phones from an agency I've long decided not to take seriously (you can PM me if you want to know who it is) , giving me the standard spiel of 'I'm now responsible for the test market in NL bla bla' (about the third from the same company in as many months) and says he's got my CV off a Dutch freelancers site. I told him I'm not available right now. He then says that to find me a role after this one he needs me to fill in a form giving 3 references with all contact details and otherwise he's not allowed to search for roles for me, let alone send my CV to a client. 'It is company policy and part of our agreements with clients bla bla'.

I smell something that begins with B.
    Go and buy three mobile phones and give him three references with those numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I was asked for 5 years worth of references last week!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Agent phones from an agency I've long decided not to take seriously (you can PM me if you want to know who it is) , giving me the standard spiel of 'I'm now responsible for the test market in NL bla bla' (about the third from the same company in as many months) and says he's got my CV off a Dutch freelancers site. I told him I'm not available right now. He then says that to find me a role after this one he needs me to fill in a form giving 3 references with all contact details and otherwise he's not allowed to search for roles for me, let alone send my CV to a client. 'It is company policy and part of our agreements with clients bla bla'.

Bacon?!

I'd be calling Tulip on that too

Leave a comment:

• Agent phones and requests 'references' just to sign me in to agency

Working...
X