• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Scotland's Shame!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Scotland's Shame!"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Why are the Celtic fans called tims?

The hun one I think I get, some German connection I guess?
    The 'tims' come from Tim Malloy and there are various conflicting explanations for it. One being that it was used as a generic name for Irish immigrants in the early 1900's in the same way as all WW2 germans were called 'Fritz' and British soldiers were all called 'Tommy'. Also seen claimed that Tim Malloy was a well known Irish Republican but I don't know and don't really care if it's true.

The hun one is, as you say, from the Rangers connection to Britian and the protestant (German) monarchy, but I'm sure Shaunbhoy and Incog will be along to correct me on both, seeing as how I'm a 'mutton molester'

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

For someone called Tim Malloy?!

RangersFansVCelticFans.com
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

For someone called Tim Malloy?!

RangersFansVCelticFans.com

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Do Scottish fans put aside their differences when they support Scotland? Do all the Rangers and Celtic fans suddenly become best friends at World Cup time?
    LOL. Scotland don't play in world cups so we can't remember :-)

Celtic fans (tims) usually gravitate towards RoI and Rangers fans (huns) support england.

Us unbiased neutrals hate both sides of the rangers/celtic brigade equally.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Do Scottish fans put aside their differences when they support Scotland? Do all the Rangers and Celtic fans suddenly become best friends at World Cup time?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Shame on football

Scotland is not a football club.

If mindless thugs are incapable of developing an IQ greater than my shoe size I suggest their mum's don't let them out the house.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Yes that's right it does doesn't it. Pity it happened at Tynecastle.

Home of the 'Sons Of Huns'

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    This never happens to Rangers managers, says a lot about how bitter and twisted huns are.
    Yes that's right it does doesn't it. Pity it happened at Tynecastle.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    This never happens to Rangers managers, says a lot about how bitter and twisted huns are.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    And in shock news, a football fan has proved to be a completely ignorant, violent, retard.

You get back to your two up, two down terraced house pal. Nothing for you to see here, this is for your betters.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    BBC News - Celtic manager Neil Lennon hit by fan

Truly shocking, yet not entirely surprising.
    Cue the media going heavy on stories along the lines of "Well he does bring a lot of it on himself!"

It's a game of football, I may not like the guy, but he should be allowed to go about his everyday life safe and sound.

At the end of the day it's been a better challenge for the champions this season with the wee ginger ned at the helm, I'd be sad to see him go.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    And in shock news, a football fan has proved to be a completely ignorant, violent, retard.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    First case of 'the fan hitting the sh1t' ever recorded ?

He does bring on "some" of the trouble on his self, but by no means should his life ever be in dangers due to football.

(And I say that as a Queen loving, Fenian hating Rangers fan)

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    First case of 'the fan hitting the sh1t' ever recorded ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X