• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The IT Crowd

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The IT Crowd"

Collapse

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by xodia
    "hilarious comedy" ? you have to be kidding, it crap

Farther ted was funny, the IT crowd isn't canned laughter and very cheap sets
    Totally agree.

I can watch Fr. Ted over and over and still laugh out loud - mainly due to the performances of the actors rather than the quirky scripts.

Shame that poor Dermot Morgan didn't live longer to make another series.

The 'IT Crowd' was total rubbish.

Leave a comment:

• xodia
    replied
    Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    I hear they are auditioning for new cast members on this hilarious comedy
    "hilarious comedy" ? you have to be kidding, it crap

Farther ted was funny, the IT crowd isn't canned laughter and very cheap sets

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by errorista
    they wouldnt consider 'auditioning' some new script writers?

perhaps they are well supplied by a 'preferred' agency?

error
    So, new cast, new script writers, and why not a new name too. With those minor changes it'll be right as rain.

Leave a comment:

• errorista
    replied
    I hear they are auditioning for new cast members on this hilarious comedy. I was wondering whether people on here would like to be put foward. There would be no need for any acting ability, or any ability at all really. Just be yourselves.

they wouldnt consider 'auditioning' some new script writers?

perhaps they are well supplied by a 'preferred' agency?

error

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Only one kind of moron round here.[/list]
    Light blue touch paper and stand well back

Yet again you demonstrate that you are a complete wanker with no social skills.

What's the matter little cry baby. Still smarting from being walked over in another thread? Get over it you loser. Though I suppose trying to win an argument is central to your ego and your sad life.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan
    "Hilarious comedy" is kind of an oxymoron, as you know whenever "hilarious" is used in that context the last thing it is is funny. Like the IT Crowd. Can't understand why so many people seem to like it.
    Because it's funny?

IMHO Richard Ayoade is one of the best comedy performers around at the moment see Garth Marenghi's Dark Place for another example of his work.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    Perfect description of sasguru, isn't it?
    Classic case of :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    "Hilarious comedy" is kind of an oxymoron, as you know whenever "hilarious" is used in that context the last thing it is is funny. Like the IT Crowd. Can't understand why so many people seem to like it.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    oxymoron (classical plural: oxymora, Anglicized plural: oxymorons)
    1. A figure of speech in which two words of opposing meanings are used together to express two contrasting qualities in one concept. "Bitter-sweet" is an example of an oxymoron; memories that are bitter-sweet are both painful and pleasant to recall.
    2. (non-standard) A contradiction in terms.
    1. Only one kind of moron round here.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakes Daddy
    He could be a turd for brains money grabbing a'hole of an IT recruitment consultant ...... hmmmm .....
    Now if that's not a mega-oxymoron I don't know what is.

Leave a comment:

• Jakes Daddy
    replied
    Maybe when Syed has been fired from The Apprentice (and he was a gnats dick close to getting fired this week) he could apply. He could be a turd for brains money grabbing a'hole of an IT recruitment consultant ...... hmmmm .....

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Moss lives with his mum, who also dresses him, styles his hair and buys his clothes. He's highly intelligent, scared of spiders and has the social skills of a serial killer. The closest he's got to a woman is Lara Croft, and he struggles to communicate with anything that doesn't have a keyboard.
    Perfect description of sasguru, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Moss lives with his mum, who also dresses him, styles his hair and buys his clothes. He's highly intelligent, scared of spiders and has the social skills of a serial killer. The closest he's got to a woman is Lara Croft, and he struggles to communicate with anything that doesn't have a keyboard.

Nah, I can't see the resemblence to us sexy, witty, professional types here.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    I hear they are auditioning for new cast members on this hilarious comedy. I was wondering whether people on here would like to be put foward. There would be no need for any acting ability, or any ability at all really. Just be yourselves.
    I wonder if the actors were really like this. The guys were brilliant!

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    started a topic The IT Crowd

The IT Crowd

Working...
X