• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Big cat sightings

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Big cat sightings"

Collapse

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt
    How about an adder, or a politician?
    An Adder won't kill you though it could be painful. We used to have wolves and bears until not that long ago but they were hunted to extinction.

We do have numerous toxic mushrooms. A forkful of a Death Cap or a Destoying Angel could kill you, and a whole cap almost certainly would. Death would take about a week, commencing with vomiting and nausea, followed by an apparent recovery, followed by liver and kidney failure and death. The False Morel contains rocket fuel - hydrazine - and will kill you.

But we'll soon have no more mushrooms once all the Poles have picked them.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    what kind of dreary country has no animals that could kill you?"
    How about an adder, or a politician?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    I seem to remember reading (some time ago) a group seriously pushing for the reintroduction of timber wolves and bears into the forrests of Grizedale and Kielder. That would have livened up a Sunday afternoon ramble.
    An interesting method of dealing with those beardy types who insist on the right to trapse through the countryside wearing sandals and a cagoul. I like the sound of that. It would certainly make those Bill Oddie countryside-watch programmes a bit more watchable

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    We have Wild Boar, which are dangerous, and Wallabies. Oh and Eagle Owls which feed off rabbits. One could easily take a pet dog. I think the wing span is a few metres.

And I suppose any bird is now a killer.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    I seem to remember reading (some time ago) a group seriously pushing for the reintroduction of timber wolves and bears into the forrests of Grizedale and Kielder. That would have livened up a Sunday afternoon ramble.
    Drove past a Timberwolf in Minnesota a few years ago...god damn thing was nearly as big as our car!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    absolutely agree, much more exciting. who needs extreme sports when you can just take a walk around your own back yard!

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by Sputnik
    my Janey, what a large pussy you have.....
    PMSL... so many things I could say to that but I'm determined to be a good girl and not have every thread I contribute to sent to light relief!

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by janey
    I'm loving this person's comment:

"I don't think this is a problem: it's great. British wildlife is so boring, we have no exciting or dangerous animals, I'm all for releasing crocodiles in the Thames or herds of rhino in the Peak District; what kind of dreary country has no animals that could kill you?"

Leave a comment:

• Sputnik
    replied
    Originally posted by G8_Summit

my Janey, what a large pussy you have.....

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by G8_Summit

I'm loving this person's comment:

"I don't think this is a problem: it's great. British wildlife is so boring, we have no exciting or dangerous animals, I'm all for releasing crocodiles in the Thames or herds of rhino in the Peak District; what kind of dreary country has no animals that could kill you?"

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    started a topic Big cat sightings

Big cat sightings

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thre...20060316120749

I saw this last night:

Working...
X