• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Drinks that made you sick as a youngster"

Collapse

• Wodewick
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    A mix of ouzo and retsina waiting for an evening ferry on a Greek island.

The ferry was late so we kept drinking.

The only time I've been seasick.

Have done both drinks many years later though, but with plenty of food to accompany them.

Metaxa was good stuff.
    Oh God Yes! Now its coming back... A Sixth Form party many, many years ago, Soterakis (or Zoko) the greek lad who's father ran a restaurant brought a few bottles of Retsina - which was pretty exotic compared to the Party 7s and Party 4's everyone else always brought.

Later in the evening we obviously got into them......... BIG MISTAKE!!
    Down in one. Gulp. Mmmmm not TOO bad! Eh! Hang on need a little belch <burp> ewww that tastes like an old pine branch Errr <buuuuuurp> ewwww <Buuuuur-CHUNDER-CHUNNDER-p>

Projectile vomit with a pine-cone after taste causing projectile vomit!!!

Retsina!!
    Never again, ever, ever ever!!!! God I feel ill even now! Sysman you Tulip! I had actually blanked that from my mind!!
    Retsina!!

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    Drambuie.

Hmmm. Rusty Nails (Drambuie and scotch whisky). Lovely.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Ah yes, ouzo, the devil's own evil urine. Also drank that with some mates and crashed out on the top deck of a ferry.

Waking up the next morning, the hangover was excruciatingly painful, made worse by the fact we were so dehydrated and there was no bottled water available.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by landl View Post
    As for my worst experience, nothing beats a pint of neat ouzo in one sitting. Don't even want to think about it.
    A mix of ouzo and retsina waiting for an evening ferry on a Greek island.

The ferry was late so we kept drinking.

The only time I've been seasick.

Have done both drinks many years later though, but with plenty of food to accompany them.

Metaxa was good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    Ouzo for me. Had a bottle in about 10 min after a few beers and ended up in hospital.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Don't think I ever got sick on anything despite copious boozing when I was younger. Y'all are lightweights.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Got horridly drunk the night before my brothers wedding on vodka and orange when I was about 14...
    the rest is history

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Ok, there's a trend now, 4 of us at 16/17 went right off Southern Comfort due to horrible side effects.
    Whereas only one of us (me!) overdosed on Cherry B's at 6 yo....

Leave a comment:

• landl
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    +1 for MD 20/20 - Had a load one night, puked into a girls lap on the No. 33 bus..... and still got to take her out on a date
    +1 for me too. Celebrated end of first year exams at uni with five bottles in an hour followed by several hours learning to walk again. Wasn't in bad taste though, as I had one of each flavour.

As for my worst experience, nothing beats a pint of neat ouzo in one sitting. Don't even want to think about it.

Leave a comment:

• Dearnla
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    Drambuie.

Even seeing it written down makes me feel
    I'll swap your Drambuie for my Cinzano or Pernod and Black?

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Drambuie.

Even seeing it written down makes me feel

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    My Southern Comfort intestinal distress incident (which lasted for at least 12 hours) happened about 28 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    how old are you now - maybe it was the advertising?

i am about 37 so it was about 20 years ago so what 1990 ish...?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Ok, there's a trend now, 4 of us at 16/17 went right off Southern Comfort due to horrible side effects.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    southern comfort for me - at 16 - like a few others on the board

although now I can drink it

having said that I must have drunk most different drinks under the sun and got rough on the majority at one point or another

Leave a comment:

Working...
X