• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Daily Doom

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Daily Doom"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    I did change my mind recently about hearing of Britain bailing out Ireland and Portugal. So long as our debt costs less than we charge for theirs, we're effectively a bank in a strong position.
    This is the spin I was reading in the local Deutsche paper. The strongest economies here know it's to their benefit for the PIGS to recover, even if they default the state shall always survive and they'll look to those who helped them in the their darkest hour.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    You wouldn't mean those owners who made their fortune as property spekulants?

PS

incite
    Thank you.

I mean those two brothers, yes. You've got to hand to them though, they've positioned themselves in the US at the bottom of the slope.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I'm sorry, I'm not a bloody ant.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    They do seem to get through a lot of editors

During their ownership of The Scotsman the newspaper went through seven editors in nine years

At the Telegraph Group, Murdoch MacLennan made over 100 journalists redundant in 2006, prompting the National Union of Journalists to consider strike action. The Sunday Telegraph editor Dominic Lawson was sacked and replaced by Sarah Sands in June 2005 but she lasted just nine months. Patience Wheatcroft, from The Times was appointed editor in March 2006. She was later replaced by Ian McGregor in 2007.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    It's almost like the owners of a certain newspaper are trying to insight doom so come the defaults they can pick up a few bargains/countries.

PS

incite

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Have "Wayne's World" started writing headlines for the Telegraph too?

Brown's bid for the IMF gathers pace – not – Telegraph Blogs

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    National debts are never forgotten, and nothing is ever written off.
    Can't find the Churcill quote (Winston that is).

I did change my mind recently about hearing of Britain bailing out Ireland and Portugal. So long as our debt costs less than we charge for theirs, we're effectively a bank in a strong position.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

Way to go Hong Kong SAR. And Australia and New Zealand, with whom we should have unioned with.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Surging Inflation Data Spurs Asian Traders to Buy Silver & Gold at New Record Highs Prices | Gold News

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    It's almost like the owners of a certain newspaper are trying to insight doom so come the defaults they can pick up a few bargains/countries.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Daily Doom

Daily Doom

What Europe's coming debt default will look like – Telegraph Blogs

Buy gold, vote UKIP.

HTH BIDI

Working...
X