• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Last season I tried to convince myself Hamilton was the best driver on the circuit despite the bad luck and the FIA's grudge against Mclaren.

This season (with more of an open mind) from the evidence so far I can't see anyone getting near Vettel as long as his car remains competitive.

Despite never having an interest in bikes I find Moto GP far more entertaining.
    With the new tyres and strategy I've found this season far more interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Last season I tried to convince myself Hamilton was the best driver on the circuit despite the bad luck and the FIA's grudge against Mclaren.

This season (with more of an open mind) from the evidence so far I can't see anyone getting near Vettel as long as his car remains competitive.

Absolutely, MotoGP all the way.

Leave a comment:

• Sands of Time
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Well done to Doodab for bravely sticking around and collecting the money.

My weekend is F1, burning meat on the BBQ and generally chilling.

Ding dong.

Bing! Bong!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Dear god, did I emit the F1

No wonder my diary had nowt

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post

Ding dong.
    Dear god, did I emit the F1

No wonder my diary had nowt

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied

Ding dong.

Leave a comment:

• Sands of Time
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    It's warmer than here though. Flying on Thursday and looking forward to it already

Thud!

Told you...

Bing!

Leave a comment:

• Sands of Time
    replied
    For me this is just the warm up - going away to another barran rock just off the coast of Africa in August!

Clang

Everybody's signing off with noises now!

Bang!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Wednesday for me. 19 days of doing absolutely nothing.

Can't wait.
    For me this is just the warm up - going away to another barran rock just off the coast of Africa in August!

Clang

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    It's warmer than here though. Flying on Thursday and looking forward to it already

Thud!
    Wednesday for me. 19 days of doing absolutely nothing.

Can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Pilots dread Lanzarote, as it has one of the most dangerous airports in the World. Not a lot of people know that. Landing and take off are like having a crack at the Mohne Damn in a Lancaster "Mind that Mountain! Pull up!! Pull up!! ..."

Also, every day of the year, there's a howling Atlantic wind which blows dust off the volcano into your eyes and everywhere.

And it helps if all you usually eat is fish and chips with gravy sauce, with Newcastle Brown Ale to wash it down, because apparently that's all most of the restaurants do.

But enjoy your weekend ..

Thud!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
    Sorry...

Bong!

Leave a comment:

• Sands of Time
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    You finish off every post with Bing! (for some stupid reason) and you can call her annoying? Wow.

Sorry...

Bong!

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    getting new flooring which means homeless until tomorrow night and have stupidly not made any arrangements! sleep in the car or crash at a mates i reckon

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Off to Lanzarote with the local council training department. Getting my NVQ in pest control and 'modern techniques in avoiding contaminated food and water'

apparently they choose the place for training because its infested with RoachusRoachusNibblus (lt), some species of voracious and dangerous cockroach. Apparently they crawl up your leg, whilst asleep, looking for a warm and moist place to burrow into.
    If one gets into your ear, they can nest and forage off the fat in your earlobe, and you would never know.
    It's worse if they get into your bum. but I dont want to talk about that

Pilots dread Lanzarote, as it has one of the most dangerous airports in the World. Not a lot of people know that. Landing and take off are like having a crack at the Mohne Damn in a Lancaster "Mind that Mountain! Pull up!! Pull up!! ..."

Also, every day of the year, there's a howling Atlantic wind which blows dust off the volcano into your eyes and everywhere.

And it helps if all you usually eat is fish and chips with gravy sauce, with Newcastle Brown Ale to wash it down, because apparently that's all most of the restaurants do.

But enjoy your weekend ..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X