• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just been to my favourite shop"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Of course, computer nerds have a more refined palate than your average punter.

A ludicrous amount of disposable income doesn't come into the equation.
    Of course not

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Depends on the palate.
    Of course, computer nerds have a more refined palate than your average punter.

A ludicrous amount of disposable income doesn't come into the equation.
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 15 April 2011, 21:15.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Depends on the palate.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I heard MTT slurps Lambrini on the quiet
    Nah, white lightning mixed with tennents super with a splosh of blackcurrant (tescos value of course) dahlink

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Waste of money apparently: - Cheap wine 'good as pricier bottles' - blind taste test
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 15 April 2011, 15:02.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    So a bottle of pink fizz, a cheeky Chardonnay and a carafe of Pizza Express house red then?

I heard MTT slurps Lambrini on the quiet

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    This thread has reminded me I need to check up on the wine I have in bonded storage, any muppet with a thick wallet can buy a vintage retropsetivly, it take a finer knowledge to invest in tomorrow vintage.
    and ignore the hype about certain en primeur

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    This thread has reminded me I need to check up on the wine I have in bonded storage, any muppet with a thick wallet can buy a vintage retropsetivly, it take a finer knowledge to invest in tomorrow vintage.
    Indeed, and more than a little bit of luck. Some wines show great promise when they're young, but then fail to live up to it.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Not taking the jet to monaco this weekend then?
    Helicopters, jets etc. are not for me. I am a simple man and have simple taste. Just your run of the mill luxury Benz, nothing too blingy for me. As long as it's the best, it'll do.

Yes, stole that from Oscar Wilde.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    I think the helicopter tonight Jeeves
    Not taking the jet to monaco this weekend then?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    ftfy
    Actually, there are some good vineyards going at reasonable prices in Argentina and Chile, but prices are rising fast. Uruguay might be worth a try as well, surprisingly.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    WHS. Well played.

Will sir be driving the Porsche or Merc this evening to get home?
    I think the helicopter tonight Jeeves

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Not really, compared to what MTT usually buys from his local wine merchant.

A proper contractor would own a vineyard and the wine broker would come to them.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Your average contractor would have to start at the cheap end in one of the local wine merchants. Sasguru might make it to the second shelf, but I doubt whether many of us can afford cases of 12 selected Richebourg and Romanee Conti vintages.
    If you're buying a '66, though some of the more recent vintages are affordable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X