• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: SKA News

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SKA News"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    The Inflation rate used to be directly linked to soaring house prices and spiralling wage demands. But it is now rising despite both those items flatlining. Clearly the criteria used to measure the inflation rate has changed. So the answer must be to simply measure the inflation rate against items that are decreasing in value and hey presto....fixed!

Boomed again!!

This Chancellor lark is a dawdle.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Whippy
    replied
    Bring on the 5%+ rates... then I'll grab myself a few more bargains from the repo-man to rent out

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Even if interest rates quadruple, 2% is still very, very low.

If that is the straw that breaks the camel's back it just goes to show just how ****ed up the country is. Still, where in the world isn't ****ed up at the moment?
    WHS

People borrowed when interest rates were 5%+, they should be glad interest rates don't go up to 10%.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Even if interest rates quadruple, 2% is still very, very low.

If that is the straw that breaks the camel's back it just goes to show just how ****ed up the country is. Still, where in the world isn't ****ed up at the moment?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You not getting a pay rise then?
    Margins are falling

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Don't wages need to rise for inflation to happen?
    No they don't.

People will just be buying less stuff than they did before. Companies supplying goods or services that are discretionary will go out of business.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    You not getting a pay rise then?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Does this mean the real inflation rate is in 3 figures now?

I've just bought a budget camera for £20 more than it cost 6 months ago, and as it turned out this 1 year old camera was the best model I could find for a budget price.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    No one cries for me when my rent goes up
    whs

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic SKA News

SKA News

'Mortgages to soar and interest rates to quadruple in a year¿ warns Bank of England | Mail Online

AtW will be over the moon.

Working...
X