• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Moral Dilemma

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Moral Dilemma"

Collapse

• Alf W
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Went to buy my ticket for the Euro Millions tonight, handed over a fiver and was returned a £2 Lucky Dip and £8

Should I have said anything? If it was a small retailier I would have pointed out there error, as it was Te$co's I though fudge it and pocketed the extra cash
    What are you doing paying 'Chav Tax' in the first place?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    With a local family newsagent, the shop would have been £5 under. End of story.

With a big supermarket, the supervisor will realise that the till is £5 down at the end of the cashier's shift. The cashier will be sacked for dishonest behavior, and in these testing times, will find it hard to get another job, especially with a bad reference from Tesco.
    He/she will have to drop out of their law degree, and instead of becoming a high-flying global human rights barrister, will drift into drug abuse and, eventually, steal your car.

You did utterly utterly wrong.
    hth, and best of luck with the millions!
    It's worse than that. That high flying barrister would have gone on to free Superman, who in turn saves the world, and without their input, it'll be the end of civilisation as we know it.

Now see what you did Simon!

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    On a school trip to York when I was 14/15 I bought a Big Mac meal using a £5, and got change of a £20.

Sadly it was the greatest thing that ever happened to me in school
    That's hardly sufficient compensation for being subjected to a Big Mac.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    He/she will have to drop out of their law degree, and instead of becoming a high-flying global human rights barrister, will drift into drug abuse and, eventually, steal your car.
    So apart from stealing your car, it ends well

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I always point it out. only because Im well off, not because I'm good.

There was a time when I used to rob them. Only because I was a Scouser, not because I was bad

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Mine was sitting next to Jenny Pattison, which led to much
    Doogies mum!!!

Daddy?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    On a school trip to York when I was 14/15 I bought a Big Mac meal using a £5, and got change of a £20.

Mine was sitting next to Jenny Pattison, which led to much

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    interesting.
    If they handed you 10k and that meant the till was all square
    you would take it

thats what I would call a humanist attitude to morality rather than a religious one.

how are you anyway ?
    is hubby ok

I posted some pics of my dongo a while ago. did you see them ?
    We're fine thanks we've just spent a couple of days away for our 20th wedding anniv.

Sadly, I missed your dongo snaps

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I'd just fret that the person may get into trouble if their till was wrong. I've worked in shops and bars and restaurants and it is a worry if your till is down at the end of the shift.
    interesting.
    If they handed you 10k and that meant the till was all square
    you would take it

thats what I would call a humanist attitude to morality rather than a religious one.

how are you anyway ?
    is hubby ok

I posted some pics of my dongo a while ago. did you see them ?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Went to buy my ticket for the Euro Millions tonight, handed over a fiver and was returned a £2 Lucky Dip and £8

Should I have said anything? If it was a small retailier I would have pointed out there error, as it was Te$co's I though fudge it and pocketed the extra cash
    Since you mentioned errors...

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied

There was a time when I used to rob them. Only because I was poor, not because I was bad

I'd just fret that the person may get into trouble if their till was wrong. I've worked in shops and bars and restaurants and it is a worry if your till is down at the end of the shift.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    If I'm given too much change - or they forget to charge me for something and I realise, I always say so.
    I blame the nuns

There was a time when I used to rob them. Only because I was poor, not because I was bad

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    How much do they charge?

(I'm assuming they all looked like CM's avatar).
    Sister Julie was quite pretty, but all the others were ancient and mad as spoons

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    If I'm given too much change - or they forget to charge me for something and I realise, I always say so.
    I blame the nuns
    How much do they charge?

(I'm assuming they all looked like CM's avatar).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X