• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Drugs is a mugs game..."

Collapse

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    They are handing out 2:1s to people without a degree?

Honestly you are a sign of thick Britain.
    Popped back in to reply to a mail.

Noticed your alcohol befuddled confusion though so will try and clarify.

A Qualifying Law Degree is made up of specific modules that are compulsory in order for the degree to be recognised by the respective bodies.

The two modules I did at UoL were obligations (without the tort that was a later year) and Public law. You get graded on your submitted work and exams at the end of every module and the average grade at the end of the degree is what you obtain the classification for. At the end of year 1 I was on track to achieve a 2:1 (if marks remained consistent through the degree).

It was for the Modules I passed that I was able to transfer credit across to the OU.

Hope that helps clear it's way through the whiskey mist.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I always thought Incognito and Minestrone were the same person. At least, that's what MF told me
    Shut it Cliphead.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    In the navy!
    You can fail your first degree.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Not that it's really any of your business, but I did a year at UoL in '08 to '09 when I had to discontinue the course because I took a contract up North and couldn't make the lectures.

I had a 2:1 from the two subjects I did that year and I transferred that to the OU in 09. I now have 120 credits left after this current module which finishes in October to get which consists of one final 60 point compulsory module and one 30 point compulsory module. I can then take an optional 30 point module to complete the 360 points.

I reckon that'll most probably take another two years, a year and a half if I pushed it, which I have no need to do.

Thanks for the offer of help, but Scots law is not really relevant to my studies and going by your grasp of the law they're not exactly the best at getting across their subject are they.

Anyway, I'm off to my bed. Night night alkie.

They are handing out 2:1s to people without a degree?

Honestly you are a sign of thick Britain.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    I always thought Incognito and Minestrone were the same person. At least, that's what MF told me

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Made a spelling error which was fixed 60 seconds after posting.

Back to the question, when are you going to finish the degree? I have a few lawyer friends that might be able to help you with your studies, they always like to do pro bono work and if I show them this thread they will agree you are someone that needs free help.

Again, when did you start the degree and when do you expect to complete?
    Not that it's really any of your business, but I did a year at UoL in '08 to '09 when I had to discontinue the course because I took a contract up North and couldn't make the lectures.

I had a 2:1 from the two subjects I did that year and I transferred that to the OU in 09. I now have 120 credits left after this current module which finishes in October to get which consists of one final 60 point compulsory module and one 30 point compulsory module. I can then take an optional 30 point module to complete the 360 points.

I reckon that'll most probably take another two years, a year and a half if I pushed it, which I have no need to do.

Thanks for the offer of help, but Scots law is not really relevant to my studies and going by your grasp of the law they're not exactly the best at getting across their subject are they.

Anyway, I'm off to my bed. Night night alkie.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Never heard of eveasion, is that Latin?
    Made a spelling error which was fixed 60 seconds after posting.

Back to the question, when are you going to finish the degree? I have a few lawyer friends that might be able to help you with your studies, they always like to do pro bono work and if I show them this thread they will agree you are someone that needs free help.

Again, when did you start the degree and when do you expect to complete?

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Look, you have said you are doing a degree in law.

I know they advise on eveasion in law but the question remains as said...

When did you start this degree and when do you expect to finish it?

You just have to produce 2 dates.
    Never heard of eveasion, is that Latin?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Look, you have said you are doing a degree in law.

I know they advise on evasion in law but the question remains as said...

When did you start this degree and when do you expect to finish it?

You just have to produce 2 dates.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    I am going to ask the question, why are you doing a degree when you do not value the award? If you did value the degree you would treat the person with 3 of them with some respect.

And again I ask when did you start this fabled degree and when do you expect to finish?
    Where did I say I didn't value the award? Drink's getting the better of you again son, better lay off the aftershave.

And Fu**ing please,

If you did value the degree you would treat the person with 3 of them with some respect

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Off topic a little bit, my mate's mum did quite well setting up a bus company from scratch.

Keeps a roof over their head anyway. I don't think she has a degree that Minewino would think worthy though.
    I am going to ask the question, why are you doing a degree when you do not value the award? If you did value the degree you would treat the person with 3 of them with some respect.

And again I ask when did you start this fabled degree and when do you expect to finish?

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

It's the easiest thing in the world to take a battering and then say "I was just kidding".
    I would say d000hg's an objective view in this thread.

Seems like he's got the same opinion as me as to your fishing 'skills' Minewino.

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    'kin 'ell - Is this thread still dragging on?

Please, please just let it die!

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I've heard you know how to take a battering Doogie. Remember I still have to clean those Tesco toilets when you and Incognito pop in.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1312367
    Very good, you told a funny, post as your sig if you're that proud.

I know the amusing ones don't come round that often.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X