• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend Working

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend Working"

Collapse

• Denny
    replied
    I had to self-assemble a new executive office chair I bought last week at Office Furniture. What a nightmare that was. It took me about an hour and a half following a 1 page sheet of instructions which made the exercise look deceptively simple. Still, at least I could forgo my daily workout with a clear conscience because I must have burnt several calories with all the huffing and puffing I endured.

Some self-assembly furniture is superb quality - self assembly these days doesn't necessarily imply cheap, although I wouldn't include anything from Ikea in that assessment which always looks a bit cheap to me. All my furniture for my flat was delivered the hard way - with two meaty blokes lugging it up the stairs for me. All I had to do was make a cup of coffee for them.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    ahh,

no prob old chap, only teasing

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    [..]
    'It's heavy real wood italian furniture.',

is in fact some flat packed tat from Ikea... which would explain why you have to assemble it - using an allen key I assume

Still, horses for courses eh, one man's rubbish is another man's treasure

All the best,

Milan.
    Milan, you forget sometimes I am not english. I furnished a good part of the flat with IKEA and absolutely love it. I am very happy when I can find something I like very cheap and decent quality. I don't need to have posh items to make me feel better or belonging to a better class.

Nonetheless, I couldn't find any worthwhile bedroom series in any shop (IKEA or cheaper) and had to get some proper italian manufactured series.

Yes, I could have ask for it to be assembled but I can save 10% as I am quite experienced in those things. Capisc???

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Good afternoon Franko,

I fear you have just raised an anomoly, when you said...

'The bedroom furniture is delivered today and have to assemble everything'

you then qualified this with,

surely, if it is heavy real wood itialian furniture, it would arrive _pre-assembled_ utilising professional wood related assembly techiques such as dove tail joints and the like

I fear from your over egged description that what you describe as,

is in fact some flat packed tat from Ikea... which would explain why you have to assemble it - using an allen key I assume

Still, horses for courses eh, one man's rubbish is another man's treasure

All the best,

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    nice saying Scots,

Luke, try to Luke on the bright side

Milan.
    Hiya, Milan, working weekend for me too. The bedroom furniture is delivered today and have to assemble everything. Mind you, the last weeks at the gym should be useful. It's heavy real wood italian furniture.

Leave a comment:

• Luke GuyStalker
    replied
    I am trying

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    nice saying Scots,

Luke, try to Luke on the bright side

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Luke GuyStalker
    replied
    Howye Lads

I'm not working today, but I'm In California, just got back from a night club and can't sleep. Also the wife f**ked off a couple of weeks ago. Altogether not a good time for me.

And the bolivian marching powder is probably not helping.

LG

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    well as they say, there are old climbers and there are bold climbers but there are no old, bold climbers.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    no, no,

it was released in 2000, put me off climbing for life, it seemed every five minutes somebody was falling off the mountain

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    why? are you going to see it?

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    haven't, no. not really into climbing movies. the few i have seen don't get close to the real thing. i suppose touching the void wasn't too bad but still a bit sanitised i thought.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    now, back to checking the weather for next week's trip

you said you are off climbing, have you seen the film Vertical Limit ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    mum's the word...

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    I'll drink to that,

Milan.
    Last edited by milanbenes; 11 March 2006, 09:40.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X