• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Guitar Amp

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Guitar Amp"

Collapse

• 2BIT
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I think I'll have a tinker with it this evening actually. No guitar here but I have my Virus & plenty of softsynths.
    shame, you could run your guitar through the virus for some mad sounds (think the chems or daft punk do that)

I had a Peavey Classic 30 - my word was that thing loud! think it had seven valves in all

just use my mesa boogie v-twin and sometimes my boss vf-1 these days but used to have loads of electro harmonix pedals and filters and stuff - used to have a crazy set up!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    WHS! Plug that bad-boy in

I am trying to find the box with mine in, think it may be in the shed, fingers crossed will find it this afternoon.

I now want a maschine as well though - they look wicked.
    What about one of these?

If I only I still had the income vs outgoings ratio I had a few years ago.....

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    You might be surprised how good that sounds
    WHS! Plug that bad-boy in

I am trying to find the box with mine in, think it may be in the shed, fingers crossed will find it this afternoon.

I now want a maschine as well though - they look wicked.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Excellent news. You must be the loudest and proudest accordion player on the whole island!!!

Cheeky Bas I'm glad the huns beat you now

A gentleman is someone who can play the accordian, but never does it.

Although, if you love it so much, here is a clip from my local boozer last easter (not me, I hasten to add)

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

I've just taken delivery of a new Vox VT80+ and it's the duck's ******* danglie dooh-dahs.

Just thought I'd share.........
    Excellent news. You must be the loudest and proudest accordion player on the whole island!!!

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Jubber View Post
    Bought one of these the other day for 'The Studio'

Linky

Needed something small. Really pleased with it.

I have a VOX too - AD30VT - cracking little amp - sounds great, even with my fumbling.
    Haven't ever really tried out modelling amps, no real need with all the sfx software that can be plugged into a DAW these days.

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied
    Bought one of these the other day for 'The Studio'

Linky

Needed something small. Really pleased with it.

I have a VOX too - AD30VT - cracking little amp - sounds great, even with my fumbling.
    Last edited by Jubber; 1 April 2011, 19:20.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    At the moment I'm putting this through it:

KarmaFX - Audio Software

got my little korgy thing with knobs on out to. Sounds great, very chemical brothers.
    Looks like a decent synth. I have a few kicking around like Dimension that was bundled with Sonar etc. I mostly use samples these days.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    After buying the Pod 2.0 ClientCo sent me Reason and Record which comes bundled with the software version of the Pod, no difference in sound and I could have saved the money not buying the hardware, oh well.

If you have any acoustic / electric guitar samples route them through Guitar Rig although just about anything will do.
    At the moment I'm putting this through it:

KarmaFX - Audio Software

got my little korgy thing with knobs on out to. Sounds great, very chemical brothers.
    Last edited by doodab; 1 April 2011, 18:30. Reason: I can't write :banana:

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I think I'll have a tinker with it this evening actually. No guitar here but I have my Virus & plenty of softsynths.
    After buying the Pod 2.0 ClientCo sent me Reason and Record which comes bundled with the software version of the Pod, no difference in sound and I could have saved the money not buying the hardware, oh well.

If you have any acoustic / electric guitar samples route them through Guitar Rig although just about anything will do.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Fair do's. I have a thing called Guitar Rig that does the amp & speaker modelling actually, I've never tried to put my guitar through it though.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I can't play it either. That's why i need a modelling amp
    Fair do's. I have a thing called Guitar Rig that does the amp & speaker modelling actually, I've never tried to put my guitar through it though.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    I feel slightly inadequate with my marshall MS4.

Although as I can't actually play the guitar, I don't need anything too flash
    I can't play it either. That's why i need a modelling amp

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I feel slightly inadequate with my marshall MS4.

Although as I can't actually play the guitar, I don't need anything too flash

Leave a comment:

Working...
X