• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Would you risk your life..."

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Why would I want to take a pay drop? I have worked in Tel Aviv a couple of times when bombs were going off but that was on a high rate...

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Perhaps the question should be "Would you risk your life for 5x what you would expect to earn here?"

These guys would be doing mundane jobs back home, good luck to 'em.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I risked my life working for a year with the police in Govan, if the locals were not bad enough you could find yourself hospitalised from dehydration after walking past Ibrox.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Come to think about it I did risk my life working for the MoD for 12k PA back in the 70's. Can't talk about it though.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
    Wouldn't risk going to Iraq for that money. This week I have applied for a contract in Colombia, which some might avoid.
    Some years ago I was offered a short term contract in Bogota which I turned down. The guy who did go was sick for the first two weeks with breathing problems. He reckoned the pollution was so bad it was like sticking your mouth to a bus exhaust on a hot summers day. Coupled with adjusting to the altitude it was a grim time.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I saw that as well but I
    was unsure what Mule was?

Is it a Microsoft product?

Leave a comment:

• TinTrump
    replied
    Wouldn't risk going to Iraq for that money. This week I have applied for a contract in Colombia, which some might avoid.

Leave a comment:

• dspsyssts
    replied
    Peter Moore

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    The alphas pay the epsilons to do this work.

I have no want to degrade my social standing.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I've as much choice in the matter as someone who chooses to take a job in Iraq, yes, although I'm not in a position to do much about the sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day as the alternative is prostitution.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Yes I would risk your life for 90k. Where can I pick up the money?

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    However you are in control of all those risk factors and in a position to do something about them. There is not much chance of someone walking up behind you and putting a bullet in you or trying to blow you up.
    Unless you live in London and use the transport network there

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    However you are in control of all those risk factors and in a position to do something about them. There is not much chance of someone walking up behind you and putting a bullet in you or trying to blow you up.
    I've as much choice in the matter as someone who chooses to take a job in Iraq, yes, although I'm not in a position to do much about the sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day as the alternative is destitution.

Leave a comment:

• StopTheEarthIwantToGetOff
    replied
    £90K a year to risk my life? Never!

£91K? Now you're talkin!

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I say

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

That's what Brian Blessed said before the England football World Cup matches last year. Wasted on those bunch of ******* *****.

They don't even risk a broken nail for 90k a week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X