• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Battle: Los Angeles"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

I was musing who's side I'd be on if it was called Battle: Luton.
    Suity's of course - He lives in Luton.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishface View Post
    saw it last friday.

majority of the action is close up and hardly visible - too many head shots of that strong jaw guy from Thankyou for smoking.

daft aliens.

basic plot.

cheesy lines.
    Thought so - I saw a DVD the other day titled "Battle _for_ Los Angeles", which looked ten times dafter and cheesier.

(The cover had a warning "NOT Battle: Los Angeles". So I presume the latter is a remake.)

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I was musing who's side I'd be on if it was called Battle: Luton.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Could be a visual and sound feast but reckon the story line will be a tad thin.

Yeah a friend who's into all the alien stuff found it disappointing. More like a Marine recruitment video. Basically a non-stop firefight and sod all story.

I've seen reviews mention it's equivalent to Black Hawk Down but with aliens. I think that's an insult to BHD, especially as BHD is a close depiction of a real event. The two special forces snipers that sacrifice themselves trying to rescue the downed helicopter crew is particularly poignant as it actually happened.

I thought about that yesterday when the news said several civilians had been injured during rescuing the crew of the crashed US jet. Adds a different perspective to what could easily be classed as typical gung-ho yanks.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by fishface View Post
    cheesy lines.
    what do you want from me ??????

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    6.5/10 on IMDB, I tend not to bother with anything sub 7.5.
    Battle : Los Angeles

Could be a visual and sound feast but reckon the story line will be a tad thin.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    I'm getting old, I'd not even heard of it

Leave a comment:

• TiroFijo
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Anyone seen this yet? Any good?

Thinking of going at the weekend but the Empire review has put me off a little bit.

Yup, we went to see it a couple of WEs ago and it was absolute sh 1te. It's like District 9 meets Independence Day but not as good as D9 and just as bad as ID.

if you insist on seeing it then download it.

Leave a comment:

• Fishface
    replied
    Total and utter tripe

saw it last friday.

majority of the action is close up and hardly visible - too many head shots of that strong jaw guy from Thankyou for smoking.

daft aliens.

basic plot.

cheesy lines.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I don't think that this is a film you go along to watch for the interesting plot development and convincing characterisation, as long as the effects are good then the film will have done what it's meant to do.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Looks poor...

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    started a topic Battle: Los Angeles

Battle: Los Angeles

Anyone seen this yet? Any good?

Thinking of going at the weekend but the Empire review has put me off a little bit.

Working...
X