• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Jobsworths

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jobsworths"

Collapse

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    So gays are grand, receptionists are nasty. What about gay receptionists?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
    I couldn't say I wasn't there, sounds like you were though
    Was he Glasweigian?

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I was refering to the surgery as The Doctors.

Obviously your mate was being abusive so the police were called. Sounds like a nice family.
    I couldn't say I wasn't there, sounds like you were though

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    did I say it was the doctors fault?!?! next time perhaps read posts before answering we were talking about receptionists....
    I was refering to the surgery as The Doctors.

Obviously your mate was being abusive so the police were called. Sounds like a nice family.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Oops, I meant the receptionists were nasty not the gays, they are usually grand.

Do I need to edit that post?
    So gays are grand, receptionists are nasty. What about gay receptionists?

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    What do you expect a GP to do for a man that has collapsed when the ambulance is on its way?

Your friend watched his dad booze himself to death for probably years and when he eventually dropped it is all the Doctor's fault? My arse.

Guilt by proxy. His death was nothing to do with the NHS but a self inflicted death where blame can be apportioned to others from simple minded people who know nothing about medicine. He boozed his way out of life and nobody stopped him. Your friend killed his dad by not stopping him drinking.

Next!
    did I say it was the doctors fault?!?! next time perhaps read posts before answering we were talking about receptionists....

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    that made me laugh! I could write a 12-volume tirade on that very subject and I rarely have to go, my mate's dad collapsed once (alcohol issues) prompting my mate to run down to the surgery (had already called ambulance) to try and get his dad some immediate attention, the battle axes on reception called the cops when my mate became exasperated with them as they refused to even contact a doctor in one of the offices, I don't think he got nicked but was too late for his dad.

I've changed surgery but the new place has a similar policy of obstinate and unhelpful receptionists.
    What do you expect a GP to do for a man that has collapsed when the ambulance is on its way?

Your friend watched his dad booze himself to death for probably years and when he eventually dropped it is all the Doctor's fault? My arse.

Guilt by proxy. His death was nothing to do with the NHS but a self inflicted death where blame can be apportioned to others from simple minded people who know nothing about medicine. He boozed his way out of life and nobody stopped him. Your friend killed his dad by not stopping him drinking.

Next!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    He's winding you up - he's just touchy cos his rent boy stood him up last night.
    FTFY - don't give him ideas above his station.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Bloody hell - I'm mortified now
    He's winding you up - he's just touchy cos his boyfriend stood him up last night.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Honestly?

Yes, that's how I read it.

I also think you hate cripples as well from the thread I read yesterday. Good job shes doesn't hate midgets hey Mary
    Bloody hell - I'm mortified now

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Shortarse.

OMG, really, did you think that??
    Honestly?

Yes, that's how I read it.

I also think you hate cripples as well from the thread I read yesterday. Good job shes doesn't hate midgets hey Mary

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    You homophobe.
    Shortarse.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Too late to backtrack. I thought you were talking about gays as well.
    OMG, really, did you think that??

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Oops, I meant the receptionists were nasty not the gays, they are usually grand.

Too late to backtrack. I thought you were talking about gays as well.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied

You homophobe.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    So are all gays "nasty" or just the ones at your surgery?
    </sarcasm>

Leave a comment:

Working...
X