• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Songs for Japan

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Songs for Japan"

Collapse

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Nah I'm fine up here matey, with all the other grown ups. Have fun down there won't you.

HTH
    Don't push it SY!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    You really want to come down from that high horse now suity, you'll get a nosebleed, you know you will.

This thread was not in any way an attempt to trivialize or make light of the dreadful situation in Japan, rather a pi$$ take of Bryan Adams transparent attempt to kick-start his flagging career by hopping on the "Band Aid" gravy train.
    Nah I'm fine up here matey, with all the other grown ups. Have fun down there won't you.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    This thread was not in any way an attempt to trivialize or make light of the dreadful situation in Japan, rather a pi$$ take of Bryan Adams transparent attempt to kick-start his flagging career by hopping on the "Band Aid" gravy train.
    whs

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Probably true. Also, a little known fact, that if Mama Cass and Karen Carpenter had swapped lunchboxes, they would both still be alive today......
    Except that Karen Carpenter would not have been able to pick Mama Cass's lunchbox up!!

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Was it really sensible for Mama Cass to go stomping around on a fault line?
    Probably true. Also, a little known fact, that if Mama Cass and Karen Carpenter had swapped lunchboxes, they would both still be alive today......

Leave a comment:

• TiroFijo
    replied
    Big in Japan -

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    No you are correct, it is not good. This has nothing to do with being oversensitive, just being plain decent. Can I suggest that those that contributed take a sabatical to go and help out in Japan, only a week - nothing heavy.

Then when you get back after body bagging decaying cadavers and witnessing families coming to terms with what has happened first hand you can then take the piss all you want. But I bet you don't.

My old Nan had a nice phrase, "grow up!". Says it all really.
    You really want to come down from that high horse now suity, you'll get a nosebleed, you know you will.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Yeah.

See, I must be over sensitive too. Cos I think this is in pretty bad taste.
    No you are correct, it is not good. This has nothing to do with being oversensitive, just being plain decent. Can I suggest that those that contributed take a sabatical to go and help out in Japan, only a week - nothing heavy.

Then when you get back after body bagging decaying cadavers and witnessing families coming to terms with what has happened first hand you can then take the piss all you want. But I bet you don't.

My old Nan had a nice phrase, "grow up!". Says it all really.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Yeah.

See, I must be over sensitive too. Cos I think this is in pretty bad taste.
    It's, it's, it's....

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I'm surprised it took 32 posts to get to the Vapors.
    I only just logged on to here today.

Final one.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I'm surprised it took 32 posts to get to the Vapors.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    I have to say, I find this thread to be in the most appalling bad taste.
    Try floating that past people who may remotely give a rat's arse!!

HTH

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    I have to say, I find this thread to be in the most appalling bad taste.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X