• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The Census

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Census"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    JUust had a wee man at the door hading the damn thing in.
    That was just a noise.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    JUust had a wee man at the door hading the damn thing in.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    That's no good at all.

if you are going to make things up at least make them inventive.
    It's conceptual.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You are a worthy opponent and I fear that you will win. But, with the wind behind us, we will have two children by then who are foreign passport holders. I will put them down as white C Of E, British passport holders with joint national identities of British and English.
    That's no good at all.

if you are going to make things up at least make them inventive.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I'll see your one wife, and raise you three fictitious immigrants renting my spare room.
    You are a worthy opponent and I fear that you will win. But, with the wind behind us, we will have two children by then who are foreign passport holders. I will put them down as white C Of E, British passport holders with joint national identities of British and English.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

I'll ask my wife to do the same just to spite you.
    I'll see your one wife, and raise you three fictitious immigrants renting my spare room.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    3 tier.
    Know what you mean, but the govt tends to steer clear of public schools (of course they are all educated in them but they tend not to legislate about them)

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Question 17 revealed:

"How well do you speak English?"

Do they put a filter in for the Cockneys or the Meeja Mockneys? They might answer "very well", but as we all know that's not true.

Oh, the religion question is voluntary.

"How would you describe your national identity?"

Yorkshire.
    Last edited by Sysman; 12 March 2011, 17:36.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    I'm opting out - I'll turn off the lights and hide behind the sofa when the checkers come round.
    I tried that once, although in truth I was usually working away from home for weeks at a time.

A chap from the council finally came around on a Sunday afternoon and got me to fill it out on the spot.

They don't let go that easy.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Got mine yesterday.

Did it online 5 minutes ago.

My god, it is pretty intrusive, you feel like they have stripped you naked and examined you with a microscope.

On the plus side, the online form was very easy to use and reliable. Well done to whoever was in charge of the software.
    You see, they can get govt. computing right when they really want to.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Heard on the radio today this is something to do with the welsh. Apparently the welsh have a question 17, which the rest of us don't get to see.

Can somebody welsh tell us what it is?
    Isn't that racist if only the welsh get the question

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I'm opting out - I'll turn off the lights and hide behind the sofa when the checkers come round.

The more indigenous British people do that, the worse the immigration figures will look, which will hopefully be an incentive for the Government to curb it more.
    I'll ask my wife to do the same just to spite you.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post

Anyone done it yet? How intrusive? Big Brother is watching YOU

The more indigenous British people do that, the worse the immigration figures will look, which will hopefully be an incentive for the Government to curb it more.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Because its exactly the sort of stat that the government will use to maintain a two tier education system by continuing to fund faith schools
    3 tier.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X