• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Spreadbetting on an index"

Collapse

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Is is possible to bet against the index? I am using bullbearings.co.uk to play with spreadbetting and can place bets on individual stocks, but what about the entire index?

TIA

[Dirty spekulant in the making]

Suity
    Bullbearings isn't that good for demoing a lot of stuff. I recommend GFT, get a demo account first and learn on that. Try not to risk more than 2% of your account on any one trade.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    You're all lovely. Thanks
    And the only price of our assistance is that you come back to this thread and post your P&L every day.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    You're all lovely. Thanks

<wait for Sasguru type posts about how rich I am>

Leave a comment:

• Iron Condor
    replied
    Is is possible to bet against the index? I am using bullbearings.co.uk to play with spreadbetting and can place bets on individual stocks, but what about the entire index?

TIA

Suity
    Open an account with IG Index (www.igindex.co.uk)

If you day trading, bet using the daily index bets.

If you holding for weeks or months use the index futures bets.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Free Education Guide

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

TIA

Suity
    Errr, click Sell rather than Buy when you place your spreadbet. Yes, it is that simple. I make £9K a day, before breakfast. You cannot lose!

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied

TIA

Suity
    Link

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Cant you ask SY03 or 05 or 06 on how to do this ?
    So basically you don't know then

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Any idiot can do it. I made 2k before 9am and you're much smarter than me.

Stick half on red, half on black & repeat. Youll double one half every go and you'll never lose!
    Great, what's the EPIC code for the FTSE 100 index then?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Even the experts were novices once monkey breath.
    Cant you ask SY03 or 05 or 06 on how to do this ?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Any idiot can do it. I made 2k before 9am and you're much smarter than me.

Stick half on red, half on black & repeat. Youll double one half every go and you'll never lose!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    It pains me to say this SuitYou, but the best thing that i can say to you is "stick to what you know.Leave speculating to experts".
    Even the experts were novices once monkey breath.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied

TIA

Suity

It pains me to say this SuitYou, but the best thing that i can say to you is "stick to what you know.Leave speculating to experts".

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    started a topic Spreadbetting on an index

Spreadbetting on an index

TIA

Suity

Working...
X