• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mathematical problem"

Collapse

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Ask Mianus (or whatever name he is going by these days), he seems to regularly have a whole new and exciting life behind him.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Ask Mileanus (or whatever name he is going by these days), he seems to regularly have a whole new and exciting life behind him.
    lives

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Where can you download a life ?
    Ask Mileanus (or whatever name he is going by these days), he seems to regularly have a whole new and exciting life behind him.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Sounds like Eve online?

TBH I do not miss the daily farm / grind / repeat quests

As a solution; find something equally geeky that will fit your sleep cycle (I stopped WOW & Started painting again)
    Its Travian, and I am aiming to be the meanest Roman on the server. I cant increase my storage Robin, and I know that TW is right all things being equal. But if I slip up, and dont wake up, would option 2 turn out to have been a better move.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Sounds like Eve online?

As a solution; find something equally geeky that will fit your sleep cycle (I stopped WOW & Started panting again)
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    You could try getting a life EO - or is that too much of an "outside the box" solution?
    Where can you download a life ?

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Sounds like Eve online?

As a solution; find something equally geeky that will fit your sleep cycle (I stopped WOW & Started painting again)

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Closing in on 9000 posts, SA, nice work!
    Ha ha ha - yeah, point taken

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    What game is this which demands such intervention? Why can't you increase capacity of your storage facilities?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Maybe there is a commercial solution, a baby sitting service akin to the Chinese gold farms.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I'm a bloke EO and I side with SA. There's more to life than your little game of goblins.
    Is he talking about an online game?

Of thank god for that. I thought I thought it was all real and this was a battle going on inside his head.

Phew. What a relief. For a moment there, I thought EO was one of those mentalists.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    You could try getting a life EO - or is that too much of an "outside the box" solution?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I'm a bloke EO and I side with SA. There's more to life than your little game of goblins.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    logically , yes.

but given human foibles, if there is a sudden disaster, what then is the right answer

imagine an upset

ie a piss up
    a wedding
    a funeral
    a holiday

or some other weird variable

I hear we sleep in 4 hour cycles anyway, so no problemo. Alternatively, have you considered sleeping at work?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X