• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Honest ipad advert

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Honest ipad advert"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Not for long - they know how to manage supply chain more efficiently than MF can create his sockies.

HTH
    Maybe. They do still sell less sophisticated models of the iPhone (3gs, etc), but I'm not sure whether they still sell older incarnations within a product line, if that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    how long Apple will continue to have new iPad1's in stock and up for sale.
    Not for long - they know how to manage supply chain more efficiently than MF can create his sockies.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    They've knocked £100 off the original iPad at the online Apple store.
    Ah. It'll be interesting to see how much second hand iPad1s will be selling for, and how long Apple will continue to have new iPad1's in stock and up for sale.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    I popped in to the aPplesTore today to see if they were still selling iPad1's, and they appeared to be. Lots of people were playing with them as usual and an iSalesman was showing an old lady how it worked. I didn't see any discount prices, at least not ones on big red signs with discount written on them. I was tempted to tell the old lady to wait a few weeks. Hope she didn't buy it expecting to be able to make video calls to her orphaned granchildren on it, having spent all her pension buying it.
    They've knocked £100 off the original iPad at the online Apple store.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    I reckon in 25 years there will be an iPad 25th anniversery model where Apple will revolutionise the PC market by inventing the mouse
    Maybe there will be a place for the mouse in the future, perhaps for developers, but I imagine the avergae user would be glad to see the end of the mouse.

this iPad app is actually a new tool for manipulating molecules. Optical tweezers let scientists user laser beams to move tiny particles in 3D space, but controlling them via a mouse or joystick can be a painstaking process, especially when working with more than one particle. Now, researchers at the Universities of Glasgow and Bristol, UK have developed better solution that takes advantage of the iPad's multi-touch technology.One Per Cent: Manipulate molecules on your iPad

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    I have the iPad, I see no need to upgrade. I've had it since it first came out and it is still the nuts.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Yeah, look how far we've come in 30 years:

The mind boggles at what the next 30 years will bring. An extra camera?
    I reckon in 25 years there will be an iPad 25th anniversery model where Apple will revolutionise the PC market by inventing the mouse

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Look, in 30 years there will be 30 iterations of iPads - so much better and so much faster than nobody in their sane mind would have the original release. Apart from that granny's grandchildren who could have been quids in had it not been for negative thinking of TimberWolf.
    Yeah, look how far we've come in 30 years:
    <-- 30 years -->

The mind boggles at what the next 30 years will bring. An extra camera?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Look, in 30 years there will be 30 iterations of iPads - so much better and so much faster than nobody in their sane mind would have the original release. Apart from that granny's grandchildren who could have been quids in had it not been for negative thinking of TimberWolf.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    No, it would not be because the first generation model is preferable for antique purposes.

HTH
    The reason the Apple 1 is collectible is that very few of them were sold or made. The iPad will never be any more collectable than a Vauxhall Astra.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    No, it would not be because the first generation model is preferable for antique purposes.

HTH
    I wonder whether the battery won't leak or explode long before then anyway. And if the battery ever needed replacing, your iPad might come back as a refurbished second hand model Or 15th hand after 30 years.
    Dead iPad battery? Never mind replacing it, Apple just sends another iPad for $99 -- Engadget

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Wouln't a 29 year old iPad, with 2 cameras, be a better investment than a 30 year old model with no camera or HDMI output?

HTH

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    So maybe after all you are wrong and that granny could have bought a smashing thing for her grandchildren - when they grow up in 30 years they'd sell it for gazillions, and it was all due to you that she did not buy it. How do you feel about it?
    Wouln't a 29 year old iPad, with 2 cameras, be a better investment than a 30 year old model with no camera or HDMI output?

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    I am getting iPad 2 as soon as it gets released...
    Thank goodness Apple don't make lightbulbs, can you image the upgrade cycle

At least wait till christmas then you have a shiny iPad 3, iPad 2 is going to look so last year

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    So maybe after all you are wrong and that granny could have bought a smashing thing for her grandchildren - when they grow up in 30 years they'd sell it for gazillions, and it was all due to you that she did not buy it. How do you feel about it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X