• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I love my customers"

Collapse

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Why doesn't your system contain error reporting, which will integrate with MAPI and send an email along with the error message to [email protected] ?

If you felt generous you could probably code that up in a hour or so, tell them it took a week and blow their minds and get kudos.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I just had a bug report from a system I maintain for one of my customers. They dilligently took a screen shot. Then printed the screenshot out. Then scanned it in to a pdf. Then emailed me the pdf.

I love it.
    Why doesn't your system contain error reporting, which will integrate with MAPI and send an email along with the error message to [email protected] ?

If you felt generous you could probably code that up in a hour or so, and blow their minds and get kudos.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Client co have a team of content administrators that are rather grandly called "web engineers".

One of them got a new job, which required him to know php. Knowing this guy had no coding skills whatsoever, I politely inquired how he intended to blag it when he arrived. "Oh," he says, "I had a look at their website which is written in php. I did a 'view source' and it looks just like HTML."

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    How stupid, they could have taken a photo of the screen, scanned the negative, printed it out and then scanned the picture into MS Office Faxand Scan, export to Open Office via MS Word then pdf it.
    WHS. Users eh?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I just had a bug report from a system I maintain for one of my customers. They dilligently took a screen shot. Then printed the screenshot out. Then scanned it in to a pdf. Then emailed me the pdf.

I love it.
    How stupid, they could have taken a photo of the screen, scanned the negative, printed it out and then scanned the picture into MS Office Faxand Scan, export to Open Office via MS Word then pdf it.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied

I love it.
    IDIOTS!! They could've cut the first two processes down to just one if they had a brain!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You doing support now are you? You were a BA last week.

Make your ******* mind up.
    MF, you of all people should know, if people are buying, then we are selling.

I am simply a contractwhore. Big ClientCo needs me to be a BA. A fair few little ClientCos require me to be developer/analsyt/ba/data modeller.

I am just awesome and get paid well for it.

Jealous sledge boy?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied

I love it.
    I think that's quite sweet.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    You doing support now are you? You were a BA last week.

Make your ******* mind up.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    started a topic I love my customers

I love my customers

I love it.

Working...
X