• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No tax please we're rich"

Collapse

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    I dont know how many aussies do a runner and i certainly dont want to break any law. If they follow me to australia they will drag me back to her majesty's pleasure.apparently there are some treaties in place for that.
    And imagine, that in the unlikely event of Her Majesty's Government actually catching up with you, having to pay all that tax back...BUT having to pay 2.4 times the amount due to currency differences!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    If they follow me to australia they will drag me back to her majesty's pleasure.
    Talk about things going full circle.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    I dont know how many aussies do a runner and i certainly dont want to break any law. If they follow me to australia they will drag me back to her majesty's pleasure.apparently there are some treaties in place for that.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    Of course it's "fair".
    It's compensation for the fact that Andy's forefathers were British, and that one of them was sent to a penal colony in shackles for stealing three apples.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I think the simple rule is, if you are born here, you deserve to suffer and hence you must pay tax. Lots of tax.

If you were born outside the UK, you are one of those lovely economic migrants the New Lie love so much, and hence you don't have to pay any tax.

It's all about "fairness" you see.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    As an australian citizen i am paying the same tax as uk citizen. I could use some tax avoidance based on my domicile.what schemes can i use?
    Do what most other antipodeans do, a runner!

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    As an australian citizen i am paying the same tax as uk citizen. I could use some tax avoidance based on my domicile.what schemes can i use?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I always though Tax Avoidance was not only legal and ethical, but something that we as law-abiding citizens ought to be very keen on exploring. It is Tax Evasion that ought to be clamped down on. Mind you, that was before NL chose to blur the edges of the two activities! Barstewards!

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4767308.stm

Apparently we are paying £7billion too much tax every year...you would think that the BBC would label this as "public lose £7billion to taxman" but no...that doesnt count!

Only the Government can lose money that it hasnt made!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    It's
    Cherie Blair
    10 Downing street
    That's Gordo's pad. Las Blairas live next door.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Oh, alright

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Anyone of you guys care to give me your real name and address and I'll give them a call.
    It's
    Cherie Blair
    10 Downing street

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Arsenal football stars have done it with offshore trusts in Jersey.

I dont get it .If these guys do it by offshore trusts why can't we contractors do the same ? Why hmrc choose to go after us small fish than these big fish
    can anybody explain
    Because the income that they funnel through this channel is their sponsorship money, which usually dwarfs their earning for kicking the ball by a large factor. The money that the club pays them for turning up once a week is paid as salary and taxed as you or I would be.

This offshore route only works for the foreign players due to the non-dom rules. They tried it for the UK based players, got caught and were given a big bill to pay. Frankly this non-dom rule should go, no other developed country (except Ireland) has it.

tim

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Its because of suff like this that the Beatles buggered off; then John met Yoko and it was a downward spiral. <Sniff>

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied

I dont get it .If these guys do it by offshore trusts why can't we contractors do the same ? Why hmrc choose to go after us small fish than these big fish
    can anybody explain
    Quite simply nobody gives a tulip about us so we are an easy target. I believe we are also the thin end o fthe wedge which will eventualy be hammered home against other soft targets.

Footballers and pop stars have massive fan bases and there would be uproar if they left in their droves never to perform in the UK again.

Come on, which of you shed a tear that "The Lone Gunman" went abroad?

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied

can anybody explain

Leave a comment:

Working...
X