• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "RBS bankers get £950m in bonuses despite £1.1bn loss"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    You left out the bit about government minister gets to be a bwanker when he fooks up in office. Everyone is a winner.
    We've given them enough chance to learn from the errors of their ways. Time to start shooting the bastards.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Good quote.

That really is a fine example of wbanker logic. Bank loses bazillions of pounds. Government give bank bazillions of pounds and guarantees all dodgy investments. Bank takes bazillions, gives them to wbanker, who pays 50% in tax to government. Isn´t wbanker generous and shouldn't we all be grateful to wbanker?

FFS
    You left out the bit about government minister gets to be a bwanker when he fooks up in office. Everyone is a winner.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I've repped you both for some most excellent banker bashing, which should be a national sport.

However in the interests of 'fairness' I might also take this opportunity to pass on some also excellent looking comments that take an interestingly diametric position on the issue of the parasitic bwankers and their ill gotten games and who should be jailed rather than handsomely rewarded for their work, posted on HPC:
    Good quote.

That really is a fine example of wbanker logic. Bank loses bazillions of pounds. Government give bank bazillions of pounds and guarantees all dodgy investments. Bank takes bazillions, gives them to wbanker, who pays 50% in tax to government. Isn´t wbanker generous and shouldn't we all be grateful to wbanker?

FFS

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I've repped you both for some most excellent banker bashing, which should be a national sport.

However in the interests of 'fairness' I might also take this opportunity to pass on some also excellent looking comments that take an interestingly diametric position on the issue of the parasitic bwankers and their ill gotten games and who should be jailed rather than handsomely rewarded for their work, posted on HPC:

Hang on, bonuses are taxed as income, are they not? And at the higher rate, so the net tax take would be higher on bonuses than on corporate profits, yes? So why the fook does everyone keep whinging about bank bonuses?
    --
    Absolutely - and RBS has so many losses to carry forward, they won't be paying corp tax in the UK for a long while. This way, the State collects 50% of the money back in taxes - which goes towards paying off the 'equity' (read made up printed balance sheet money) put into it.

Royal Bank Of Scotland To Pay Nearly $1.5Bn In Bonuses After Losing $1.7Bn - House Price Crash forum

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Can a greedy person ever be competent to look after somebody else's money?
    Yes. Robert Maxwell.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Probably not, but we are talking about IT manager whose greed can be best served by providing the best people to support traders of tulip, that's another matter in my view.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    That was just due to them being greedy more than competent.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    That's how competent they are.
    That was just due to them being greedy more than competent.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I said trial. Yes we ask for trial period for all people who are new to the business, this is normal practice in the UK, I am sure even banks have it.
    AtW, did you notice, just a couple of years ago, that western banks, especially RBS, lost more money than had ever been earned in the history of the milky way galaxy and had to be rescued by governments that were already going bust?

That's how competent they are.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    In your case AtW, a trail period is something you offer graduates when you don't want to pay them much for working on SKA.
    I said trial. Yes we ask for trial period for all people who are new to the business, this is normal practice in the UK, I am sure even banks have it.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I am not talking about logic - I am referring to some basic competence in problem solving: if you need right people you find a way to get them (at the right price), even if you have to take some chances - ffs, that's what trial period is for.
    You are talking about logic. The logic of hiring the right person for the job, which is unlikely to be the person who buggered it up last time. This logic is beyond western bankers.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I am not talking about logic - I am referring to some basic competence in problem solving: if you need right people you find a way to get them (at the right price), even if you have to take some chances - ffs, that's what trial period is for.
    In your case AtW, a trail period is something you offer graduates when you don't want to pay them much for working on SKA.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    If you think logic plays a role in the western banking system you are an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

What a lot of boll0x. So there are thousands of experienced contractors on the bench and they can't fill the vacancies? Drop requirement like "needed 1000 years experience in IB" and you'll get plenty of good candidates that can learn quickly even if it to gain 2-3 years IB experience before they jump.
    If you think logic plays a role in the western banking system you are an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I was at a do a few weeks back
    and met a senior contractor from RBS who worked in the business. He had been there for five years and basically said that RBS had loads of perm vacancies but could not get anyone to fill them.

What a lot of boll0x. So there are thousands of experienced contractors on the bench and they can't fill the vacancies? Drop requirement like "needed 1000 years experience in IB" and you'll get plenty of good candidates that can learn quickly even if it to gain 2-3 years IB experience before they jump.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X