• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "AIBU - or whatever the mumsnet thing is."

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
    Rowing (so tight clothing involved, but no gricers as far as I'm aware).

Interesting that I've been doing a reasonable amount of rowing (to row one's boat) and rowing (to quarrel) of late.
    Get yourself a concept2 and train at home.

They're like mediaeval torture instruments, but bloody hell they get you fit.

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Would you care to enlighten us on what it is?
    Rowing (so tight clothing involved, but no gricers as far as I'm aware).

Interesting that I've been doing a reasonable amount of rowing (to row one's boat) and rowing (to quarrel) of late.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Does it involve lycra pants and Gricerboy?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Am still doing my new sporting pursuit, so it looks like I win this one (for now).

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    Liked the ring clock (got to type that carefully), shame it's only a concept.

Am still doing my new sporting pursuit, so it looks like I win this one (for now).

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    I am of the firm belief that there are wide variations in the amount of sleep people require. Her indoors is able to function on considerably less than me - and Mrs Thatcher apparently only needed 4 hours sleep (although her longer term health may have suffered). There is nothing big or clever about getting up at stupid o'clock.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    If the alarm's waking her up - try a silent alarm that'll only wake you up, like a glo pillow:

Or what about the bacon alarm clock?

Or a vibrating ring, as it were:

List of creative alarm clocks here.

I have one of these from Maplins - I can choose to wake up to a programmable level/colour of light (that comes on very gradually, over 30min), with or without buzzer or radio:

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Well, the situation is a little tense as it is, so I've not actually used that turn of phrase (yet).
    Look I'm the second woman on here who thinks she is being unreasonable.

If you bring in enough money, are not a complete lazy sod around the house and your new hobby is sporting which means she knows where you are in an evening, then she shut the **** up.

Seriously she needs to count her blessings.

BTW if your new hobby is sporting and you take part in competitions then you need to "encourage" her to come and watch you. After watching you once she will be very happy to allow you to get up at 5am if she doesn't have to come and support you again.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 24 February 2011, 18:14.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Spoiler I feel your pain man. I mean, women, they do know how to cop an attitude, don't they ?

Try this technique. Basically you need to show them who the boss is in the house. When you get up at 5 am give her a gold old kicking on the back side. That sorts out most of them.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Come on. Man up!!

She moans about your car potentially waking her up and you respond by being prepared to park your car at the top of the drive?

I hope this new endeavour will help your balls grow.

Willlllmmmmsssssloooowwww!

<Canned Laughter>

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Well, the situation is a little tense as it is, so I've not actually used that turn of phrase (yet).
    Come on. Man up!!

She moans about your car potentially waking her up and you respond by being prepared to park your car at the top of the drive?

I hope this new endeavour will help your balls grow.

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    AM I BEING UNREASONABLE?

Nah, I don't think OP is being unreasonable. I'm up at 5 every day anyway, your other half sounds like a lazy cow.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    What the **** does AIBU mean? We don't do mumsnet here. Bunch of lazy benefit sponging ****ers.
    AM I BEING UNREASONABLE?

Nah, I don't think OP is being unreasonable. I'm up at 5 every day anyway, your other half sounds like a lazy cow.

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Try not making so much noise as you're getting ready to leave.

Prepare as much of your kit in the morning before you go to bed.
    Kit is put outside the bedroom the night before. Alarm goes off (maybe I need a quieter alarm?), i get up, exit the bedroom, grab kit and dress downstairs. She even mentioned the noise of starting the car and driving off, so I had even planned to leave the car at the top of the drive!

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    What the **** does AIBU mean? We don't do mumsnet here. Bunch of lazy benefit sponging ****ers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X