• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to heat my swimming pool?"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Knew a lovely chap from Newcastle while at uni. He was called Geordie, unoriginally. First time I met him, he tried to sell me a Schecter guitar but his accent was so strong I couldn't follow the negotiation and it ended in a rather awkward, embarrassing silence.
    Many years ago a couple of Yorkshire mates were working in The Smoke and thought about buying a cheap banger for evening excursions. One caught their eye but when told it would cost A Pony they hadn't a clue what that was. They didn't want to lose negotiation credibility by asking what that was, so didn't buy it.

When they got to work and asked what A Pony was, the banger turned out to be a bargain.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Why not build a glass elevator and blast off to deepest darkest Africa to Loompaland. There you can meet the tribe and offer to pay them in cocoa beans.

They will then come back to your house where they will swim around the pool making it warm for you.

They may even sing you a song.
    They might even make a man of him.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Why not build a glass elevator and blast off to deepest darkest Africa to Loompaland. There you can meet the tribe and offer to pay them in cocoa beans.

They will then come back to your house where they will swim around the pool making it warm for you.

They may even sing you a song.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied

Possibly.

Knew a lovely chap from Newcastle while at uni. He was called Geordie, unoriginally. First time I met him, he tried to sell me a Schecter guitar but his accent was so strong I couldn't follow the negotiation and it ended in a rather awkward, embarrassing silence.
    ' Sorry, that was just a noise '

(Alan Partridge)

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Why not have a cold imaginary swimming pool instead?
    I prefer warm imaginary pools.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Why not have a cold imaginary swimming pool instead?

Leave a comment:

• GreenLabel
    replied
    Shirley you can just buy a V8, keep it idling in the driveway, and let the atmosphere heat the pool for you?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Small Nuclear Reactors Are Becoming Big Business - BusinessWeek

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Wouldn't they just melt them down and turn them into knuckle dusters ?

Possibly.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    For £900,000 they could have given everyone in Newcastle a kettle.
    Wouldn't they just melt them down and turn them into knuckle dusters ?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The £900,000 project is being carried out by a team from Newcastle and Durham universities who hope to discover a natural source of hot water - with a temperature of about 80C - below the surface of the city.
    For £900,000 they could have given everyone in Newcastle a kettle.

Leave a comment:

• Dearnla
    replied
    Biogas <parp>

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I'm going to buy one of these.

Surfing: Heated wetsuit opens up new frontiers - Others, More Sports - The Independent

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Get a long extension lead and swim up and down with a little electric heater fan.

Simples.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Could piss in it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X