• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Barons on CUK

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Barons on CUK"

Collapse

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I seem to have missed Dune. Was that the one with Sting and giant worms?
    Yup.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I read Dune about 35 years ago.

I don't think I ever read more than 1 or 2 of the sequels.
    I seem to have missed Dune. Was that the one with Sting and giant worms?

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    They are a good read as you get to see how a civilisation expands, contracts & expands again over a millennia but the 1st & last book (in terms of time line) are stretching the boundaries, even for Sci-Fi.
    I get the feeling the authors were just trying to make lots of little facts fit, but unlike Holmes who starts with the obvious but considers the unbelievable they started with the unbelievable & went with the downright weird

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Did anyone read all the prequels & sequels written by Brian Herbert & Kevin Anderson?

If so what did you make of the ending, IMHO the whole Duncan thing seemed a bit desperate & a cop out
    I read something like 6 of them (starting with Dune obviously) that was over a decade ago and I don't honestly remember how many of them there were. I remember them getting increasingly barmy as they went on.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Did anyone read all the prequels & sequels written by Brian Herbert & Kevin Anderson?

If so what did you make of the ending, IMHO the whole Duncan thing seemed a bit desperate & a cop out
    I bought the first prequel and abandoned it part way through. The Dune series died with Frank.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

I quite fancy watching Dune again.

Mauuuuuuuudd Dib!

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You certainly are a looker.
    Why'd ya think Fish became a musician

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Imagine any of them without teeth and hair and you got it.
    CCTV image of Clippy - don't scroll down if you are eating or otherwise have weak stomach.

Keep scrolling.........

Yes little more....

Ok almost there!

FFS - using End of Page is cheating!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    You certainly are a looker.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Which one is you again CH?

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Have you been snorting the spice again ?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Which one is you again CH?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic Barons on CUK

Barons on CUK