• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wilmslowesque situation- How do I recover?"

Collapse

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Don't worry. I've been tricked into watching several romantic comedies, and they always start with such a display of ineptness on the bloke's part, often involving hot beverages as it happens. You just need to do a series of annoying things (flowers in the office post every day, play the guitar outside their bedroom windows) building up to a big certifiable-insane grand gesture at the end. Steal an aeroplane, kidnap them, and fly them to Bologna for some spaghetti perhaps. You'll all be doing the horizontal Riverdance to the sound of Wet Wet Wet as the credits roll.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    I will give you a tip Marl, next time they giggle at ya, just Moon them , that should shut them up :

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Go and find the office weakling and p1ss on his shoes to re-assert your Alpha-male status.
    What desk are you at?

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I think i'm getting old.

To be fair I do have a hangover and feel like crap for a night out with a mate last night.

Needed a coffee so headed over to the machine. Grabbed my mug and waited in line behind 5 very fit Irish birds who just happen to be in today. All teeth and short skirts.

Got to the machine, popped the cup under the nozzle and hit the coffee machine and was just sort of looking in their direction daydreaming. One of them smiled, I smiled back, then two of them. I smiled back. I'm in here MF, play it cool, play it cool.

Then a third looked over, smiled with a slight chuckle and sort of indicated behind me.

There was coffee all over the place. I'd put the mug under the hot water nozzle and not the coffee!!! Bollocks!

They left giggling. :-(

How do I recover this?
    Go and find the office weakling and p1ss on his shoes to re-assert your Alpha-male status.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Top MILFing.
    That would make a good custom title should I ever get to the lofty heights of 5000 posts!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    They do that in my office.

My money's on Mr September.

Yep - they also did a nude charity calendar.

Not lacking in self confidence the boys in my office.
    Blimey!! Is their self confidence justified?

I'm glad the lads here don't do that kind of thing. Ick.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Haha. When my son was about 17 he was hanging about outside the shop with his mate. I walked past and kind of half smiled at him to acknowledge him without embarrassing him in front of his friend. Apparently his mate said to him "That bird winked at you, you're in there!"
    Top MILFing.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    when you are a teen and a bird smiles at you - 'is she smiling at me ??'
    when you are twenty - 'wahayy , im in here'
    when you are thirty -'i wonder how many kids she has in tow?'
    when you are forty -'brilliant, i bet she knows the score'
    when you are fifty - 'fck, my fly-hole is open again'

Haha. When my son was about 17 he was hanging about outside the shop with his mate. I walked past and kind of half smiled at him to acknowledge him without embarrassing him in front of his friend. Apparently his mate said to him "That bird winked at you, you're in there!"

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Arm wrestle a colleague in front of them. That'll recover it.
    They do that in my office.

My money's on Mr September.

Yep - they also did a nude charity calendar.

Not lacking in self confidence the boys in my office.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Gricerboy...
    ...but at least he will be all fuzzy.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I wonder who's in the shower?
    Gricerboy...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Just wake up.

Then you'd realise it was just a dream.

I wonder who's in the shower?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Bollocks! Just knocked the milk over now!!!!!!!!

I think this may be the early on set of Parkinsons!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Why not invite them all for an evening of listening to 80's prog rock bands with mullet haircuts?

Last edited by Mich the Tester; 23 February 2011, 11:49.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    The clue is in your question. Think carefully, 'What Wilmslow would do?'

And then stop masturbating, especially if still at coffee machine.
    Nah. It's bound to consist of a ball gag and chain and being arrested at the end.

Think I may start a conversation about the economic situation of the 'Celtic Lion' at lunchtime. Being knowledgable about economics never fails to impress.

Well least thats what AtW said.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X