• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It's official, Manchester is better than London"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
    diarrhoea

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post

I haven't got to where I am by being just an IT geek, you know.
    Indeed. If charisma was made of dynamite, you wouldn't have enough to blow your hat off!!

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    The best thing about Manchester is the M62 out , to Liverpool

Yorkshire

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Manchester is big compared to most places in Ireland.
    Well if you guys stayed in Ireland rather than ******* off to the US or UK then you would have lots of large cities as well.

Republic I mean, I wouldn't know about NI - I've never been
    You haven't missed anything.

Leave a comment:

• TinTrump
    replied
    Not contesting the inane verbal diarhhoea then?
    diarrhoea

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    We all know that if there was an export market for bullsh1t then Sasguru would be able to supply the planet single handed, it's the only chance he would ever have to be a revenue generator.

I haven't got to where I am by being just an IT geek, you know.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    We all know that if there was an export market for bullsh1t then Sasguru would be able to supply the planet single handed, it's the only chance he would ever have to be a revenue generator.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Bloody hell Sas, would you listen to yourself? :
    I do. My mellifluous tones are most soothing.

Nah, I can chat with the best of them. I'm obviously not quite as socially awkward as you luvvie, don't take it to heart though, you're such a clever sod, I'm sure thats how you make up for it
    All that typing for me? Thanks luv.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Yes. Its harder to make a friend down south, but when you do they are fast friends, unlike the fly-by-night "mateship" of oop North.
    It simply what intelligent people do, they have lower numbers and higher quality of everything, including friends.
    Bloody hell Sas, would you listen to yourself?

Nah, I can chat with the best of them. I'm obviously not quite as socially awkward as you luvvie, don't take it to heart though, you're such a clever sod, I'm sure thats how you make up for it

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    See, only a southerner would think it was "faux".

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    If northerners are faking it when they're being freindly, does that mean southerners are faking it when they're being arseholes?
    Yes. Its harder to make a friend down south, but when you do they are fast friends, unlike the fly-by-night "mateship" of oop North.
    It simply what intelligent people do, they have lower numbers and higher quality of everything, including friends.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    If northerners are faking it when they're being freindly, does that mean southerners are faking it when they're being arseholes?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Funny that, when I lived up North, I couldn't wait to get back south to avoid the faux friendliness and inane verbal diarrhoea of Northeners.
    See, only a southerner would think it was "faux".
    Last edited by cailin maith; 24 February 2011, 12:00. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Small town people.

I remember overhearing people from NI going on how big Manchester was.
    Manchester is big compared to most places in Ireland.

Republic I mean, I wouldn't know about NI - I've never been
    Last edited by cailin maith; 24 February 2011, 11:57.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Both cities have their good points, the main thing I love about Manchester - apart from the people and cheaper property prices, is that it isn't full of southerners - well until Media City opens the floodgates....
    Funny that, when I lived up North, I couldn't wait to get back south to avoid the faux friendliness and inane verbal diarrhoea of Northeners.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X