• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Veteran tough guy movies"

Collapse

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    In the expendables - when the black guy walks out with the BIG GUN BLAZING - it sounded quite nice - that scene made me smile - the rest was not so good - and the Chick? Usually they are stunners - what went wrong here? Was that one of the guys wife/sister/daughter who wanted to be in a movie or something.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Funny 'cause it's true

Developers where I am are on scale; starting from Desktop - crappy laptop - average laptop - top end quadcore laptop
    I am not a developer, but do, please feel free to keep digging.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
    The best laptops are always given to the top performers.

HTH
    Funny 'cause it's true

Developers where I am are on scale; starting from Desktop - crappy laptop - average laptop - top end quadcore laptop

Leave a comment:

• GreenLabel
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Not so. The laptop provided is slower than Sasguru. Just having web ex open kills performance.

HTH
    The best laptops are always given to the top performers.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    you could do your work whilst on the conference call
    Not so. The laptop provided is slower than Sasguru. Just having web ex open kills performance.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I have to find something to do while bored titless in pointless conference calls. I swear if they stopped organising these chuffing pointless meetings I would be ok with the workload.
    you could do your work whilst on the conference call

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    RED was a terrible film, completely lacked any originality and the plot was more predictable than a 1 sided die.

As for The Expendables, the first 20 or so minutes are really dire. I have no idea about the rest

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    How's your three urgent projects at 100% resource allocation going?

Or are you up to four of those now?
    I have to find something to do while bored titless in pointless conference calls. I swear if they stopped organising these chuffing pointless meetings I would be ok with the workload.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Do you like movies about gladiators?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    How's your three urgent projects at 100% resource allocation going?

Or are you up to four of those now?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    started a topic Veteran tough guy movies

Veteran tough guy movies

I've noticed an increase in these. Over the weekend I watched Red

RED is an explosive action-comedy starring Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich and Helen Mirren. Frank (Bruce Willis), Joe (Morgan Freeman), Marvin (John Malkovich) and Victoria (Helen Mirren) used to be the CIA's top agents - but the secrets they know just made them the Agency's top targets. Now framed for assassination, they must use all of their collective cunning, experience and teamwork to stay one step ahead of their deadly pursuers and stay alive.
    It was a good film. The expendables however was bad. Even if you looked at it as a bit of cheesey screen play with the hasbeens taking the mickey out of themselves, it was still bad.

Then the resurgence of the A-Team at the end of last year. I hope and pray no bright spark decides to bring back StreetHawk. Airwolf is ok though.

So to my point. Where are the new tough guys and action series? Jack Bower, perleaaase. Jatham Statham, er, yer right.

I think the movie industry is trying to tell us something, there is a now a middle age (and above) demographic of viewers that just don't take Vin Diesel seriously and they are trying to fill the gap.

They don't make em like they used to, but they could if they tried. Perhaps a niche for those on the bench to cross train to become a hollywood action hero.

Working...
X