• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Paul (movie)...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Paul (movie)..."

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Me neither and don't plan to.

Not a fan of Pegg/Frost but have seen Shaun & Fuzz and whilst enjoyable, can't see what all the fuss is about this duo.

Suspect it's all tied up with the warm fuzzy feeling generated by Spaced.
    So you enjoyed but weren't too fussed about the movies yet you don't want to watch what we have been saying is their best work?

I've just watched 4 Spaced episodes straight, still feels fresh IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    I must've been the only person in the world to have never seen a single episode of that.

That is until very recently when I bought series 1 & 2 and thoroughly enjoyed both of 'em.

I fancied seeing Paul, owt with them two in it is generally worth a go.
    Me neither and don't plan to.

Not a fan of Pegg/Frost but have seen Shaun & Fuzz and whilst enjoyable, can't see what all the fuss is about this duo.

Suspect it's all tied up with the warm fuzzy feeling generated by Spaced.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    They're usually good, but I still think Spaced will be his career highlight
    I must've been the only person in the world to have never seen a single episode of that.

That is until very recently when I bought series 1 & 2 and thoroughly enjoyed both of 'em.

I fancied seeing Paul, owt with them two in it is generally worth a go.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    i thought that was a new James Bond film , til I clicked on the link.
    No plans to see it at Pogle acres, my 10 year old daughter was asked in a shop the other day if she'd like to enter a competition to win a phone call from Justin Biber. The withering look she gave the assistant was priceless

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    They're usually good, but I still think Spaced will be their career highlight
    FTFY

The paint ball episode, the faux street shootout and robot wars being particular favorites.

"Timmy... get my tools"

I have both series on DVD.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    It got a very good review in The Spectator.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Simon Pegg is usually good when working with Nick Frost, it's usually the David Schwimmer collaborations that fall well below par.
    They're usually good, but I still think Spaced will be his career highlight

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
    Don't.

Bing!
    Is that some sort of in-joke from the movie like:

Dude

Sweet!

Or is it pish?

Simon Pegg is usually good when working with Nick Frost, it's usually the David Schwimmer collaborations that fall well below par.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Hmm, Paul (2011) gets 7.8 out of 10 on IMDB.

I'm starting to wonder whether those IMDB scores are being rigged by film companies. There's every incentive.

So anyone planning to see Never Say Never (2011) (1.1 out of 10) ?
    i thought that was a new James Bond film , til I clicked on the link.
    No plans to see it at Pogle acres, my 10 year old daughter was asked in a shop the other day if she'd like to enter a competition to win a phone call from Justin Biber. The withering look she gave the assistant was priceless

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Don't.

Bing!
    Hmm, Paul (2011) gets 7.8 out of 10 on IMDB.

I'm starting to wonder whether those IMDB scores are being rigged by film companies. There's every incentive.

So anyone planning to see Never Say Never (2011) (1.1 out of 10) ?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Pity. Cast looked good. Concept looked good. Where would you say it fell down?

Rotten Tomatoes gives it 67%.
    There's an ok Cam on TPB, I nabbed it - can't be arsed watching it tho. Also nabbed a DVD rip of Burke and Hare - not too good either...

Currently watching 'The girl with the dragon tattoo' - the Swedish one - three hours long as it was originally a TV series cut into a film, as where the subsequent two.

I saw the film version with subs, so this is not to bad - u can fill in the gaps from memory of the film, and going hurdy-gurdy at the screen...

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Don't.

Bing!
    Pity. Cast looked good. Concept looked good. Where would you say it fell down?

Rotten Tomatoes gives it 67%.

Leave a comment:

• Sands of Time
    started a topic Paul (movie)...

Paul (movie)...

Don't.

Bing!

Working...
X