• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor of the year awards"

Collapse

• Wodewick
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    I'm not sure how much validity there is in REC choosing a contractor of the year. It's rather like if some lions had voted for a Zebra of the Year. They'd just pick a fat one that couldn't run very fast and was very satisfying to eat.
    POTD - Gets my vote!

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    BCS used to do an "IT Consultant of the Year" but it looks like they stopped it in 2008.

I'm not sure how much validity there is in REC choosing a contractor of the year. It's rather like if some lions had voted for a Zebra of the Year. They'd just pick a fat one that couldn't run very fast and was very satisfying to eat.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Are you saying Mal isn't a proper contractor? That's the kind of tulip that would make him spontaeneously (sp??!!) combust
    One can only hope.

At least he's got his PCG Fleece to keep him warm.

Actually, have they got any left since the £500k for "web services" *fleecing?

*De-fleecing - Shirley?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Are you saying Mal isn't a proper contractor? That's the kind of tulip that would make him spontaeneously (sp??!!) combust
    He knows what I mean (I hope!)

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Are you sure this wasn't the Mug of the Year 2007?
    Exactly. They obviously have not read Page One of the Contractor's Bible where it quite clearly states "Minimum effort, Maximum Coin!!"

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    In previous years, contract technician Martin Beddis scooped the title for a willingness to take his work home, managing a contractor forum without pay, while still fulfilling his duties.

More recently, James Ellis, a contract support analyst, won the title for working unsocial hours, often in holiday periods, to ensure his client's systems ran smoothly at seven global sites.
    Are you sure this wasn't the Mug of the Year 2007?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I meant proper national IT contractor of the year

This is the news item for the 2007 winner
    Are you the IT Contractor of the Year? :: Contractor UK - Contracting News and Guides

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Ah. No idea.
    I think phrases like "going the extra mile" and "unpaid" might be a bit of a clue as to why nobody nominated themselves this year.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    It was Malvolio
    I meant proper national IT contractor of the year

This is the news item for the 2007 winner
    Are you the IT Contractor of the Year? :: Contractor UK - Contracting News and Guides

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Malvo1io got them all apparently, including Poster of the Year 2012

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    It was Malvolio

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    started a topic Contractor of the year awards

Contractor of the year awards