• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to legally change your name?"

Collapse

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Though I shouldn't laugh. I should be culturally sensitive and empathic to how some people don't like themselves.
    I think he was more of the "golf club set" from "goodness gracious me"

Advanced Banter: Thank God for "Goodness Gracious Me"!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Started working on new client site was given an org. chart with names and photo’s. Went looking for one guy, could not find him, asked this Indian guy where does Mr Abc sit. Very annoyed tone, "That's me!" He had changed his name to a very English name, and had his photo touched up so much he was white FFS.

Though I shouldn't laugh. I should be culturally sensitive and empathic to how some people don't like themselves.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
    How to legally change your name?

I am looking in the near future to change my name (no CUK reason in particular).

I have found some information on tinternet, whereby you can change your name by deed poll (for free). From

»» £FREE Deed Poll «« - Change your name legally by deed poll.

These documents can then be used to obtain a new passport for example. Has anyone ever used this website.

Additionally, other people who I have spoken to state that you have to attend court to justify the reasons why you want to change your name.

Does anyone know the correct and easiest process for doing this?
    thanks
    Silvio (aka Hosni)
    Started working on new client site was given an org. chart with names and photo’s. Went looking for one guy, could not find him, asked this Indian guy where does Mr Abc sit. Very annoyed tone, "That's me!" He had changed his name to a very English name, and had his photo touched up so much he was white FFS.

Why are you doing it Slumdog?

Leave a comment:

• Dearnla
    replied
    Mrs. Slumdog

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I was thinking more like Slumdog Sausage Slapper for my evening work

Found some interesting info here:Free Change of Name By Deed Poll Service
    Slumdog Sausage Slapper
    brilliant

what about SlumDog-Shotgun

thats a double barrelled name

Leave a comment:

• Slumdog
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    The big question is - what are you going to change it to ??

something snazzy and current - iSlumDog

something hard and manly - SlumDog Steel

something for business - SlumDogSolutions

something for the Girlies - SlumDog Saus

I was thinking more like Slumdog Sausage Slapper for my evening work

Found some interesting info here:Free Change of Name By Deed Poll Service

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    The big question is - what are you going to change it to ??

something snazzy and current - iSlumDog

something hard and manly - SlumDog Steel

something for business - SlumDogSolutions

something for the Girlies - SlumDog Saus

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

I am looking in the near future to change my name (no CUK reason in particular).

I have found some information on tinternet, whereby you can change your name by deed poll (for free). From

These documents can then be used to obtain a new passport for example. Has anyone ever used this website.

Additionally, other people who I have spoken to state that you have to attend court to justify the reasons why you want to change your name.

thanks
    Silvio (aka Hosni)
    I don't think that website gives all the info. I think that you need to place an advert in the newspapers and advise anyone you owe money to of your new name.

I have seen a passport with a name change and the passport stated something like Mr Smith formerly known as Mr Twatt

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
    I used this company: UK Deed Poll Service (official website) How to change your legal name by Deed Poll

Seem to remember it cost about £40 or something.
    It was £50, thanks. And if you can keep telling all your sucker mates about my site, that would be great. Make sure you keep emphasising how "free" is bad. That completely misguided belief keeps us shysters going very nicely, ta.

[Michael Buerk advertises that site. OMG.]

Leave a comment:

• GillsMan
    replied
    I used this company: UK Deed Poll Service (official website) How to change your legal name by Deed Poll

Seem to remember it cost about £40 or something. Personally, I wouldn't use a free one. Any URL with the word "free" in it is given a wide berth from me.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    My ex just did this. She went through a solicitor because she wanted something "official". In fact, a deed poll is simply "a deed made and executed by only one party; it is, strictly speaking, not a contract because it binds only one party and expresses an intention instead of a promise". It is just a signed statement, and that's all you need to change your name. You then send that deed poll to all the official places like the passport agency and the DVLA and so on, and they change your record. There is no central database which has to be officially notified.

But, as I say, most people seem to opt for going through a legal agency, for their own peace of mind (and emptiness of pocket).

There's more about it here, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Get into witness protection program - this might give you a new face as well.

HTH
    Or don't get witness protection. This will also result in a "new" face

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Get into witness protection program - this might give you a new face as well.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Slumdog
    started a topic How to legally change your name?

thanks
    Silvio (aka Hosni)

Working...
X