• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ""The Killing" (Scandinavian Noir on BBC4 on Saturday evenings)."

Collapse

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I thought The Bridge was quite silly compared to The Killing. I highly recommend Borgen if you like that sort of thing;

Plus Silvio from The Sopranos.

Being held up by The West Wing at the moment, halfway through series four. Then it's Breaking Bad series 5 (first 8 episodes), then Lillyhammer. The benefits of a long commute.
    I liked the Paulie Gaultieri cameo as a catholic priest in season 2.
    Last edited by Big Blue Plymouth; 24 October 2019, 08:26.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    It's not quite the same without Martin, but maybe the other bloke will turn out to be as good.

I did laugh at "Would you like a hug?".

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I've been watching the US version of The Killing, thanks to Netflix, which is pretty good so far. Never saw the first Danish series.

Started watching Swedish series 30 Degrees in February last night, which is a bit boring. Then there's 1864 (or whatever year it is) from Denmark to watch. Bloody Scandanavians filling up my time with TV.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Destroying Denmark and most of southern Sweden in a nuclear explosion was a bit of a shock. But at least Martin and Saga survived; albeit in their genetically mutated amphibian forms.
    lizard

Perfect for Zeity

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    No spoilers! No spoilers!
    Destroying Denmark and most of southern Sweden in a nuclear explosion was a bit of a shock. But at least Martin and Saga survived; albeit in their genetically mutated amphibian forms.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Well that was cheery
    WHS.

I'm guessing series three will have a slightly different format.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Well that was cheery

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Saga is wonderfully odd.
    I have a feeling you'd get on very well together

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Managed to watch ep 1.

Saga is wonderfully odd.
    She actually manages to be quite caring in one episode, entirely by accident of course

She looks very stiff and uncomfortable when she gets a hug for it.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    The Bridge II is on BBC4 at the moment

Didn't know that was coming.
    Me neither. Fookin missed it. Thank goodness for iPlayer

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied

Just finished rewatching the original, which the BBC were showing at 3am last week without telling anybody. I only spotted it when I was looking for something else on iPlayer. Interesting to compare to The Tunnel, which I did think was pretty good, but The Bridge was something else. If anything I was more glued to the screen second time round.

And that continued with II last night. Martin's now a nutcase, and Saga has started trying to laugh at other people's jokes - which is hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Saga's still quite odd

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    "Borgen" series 3 is imminent.

Sommat to look forward to on Saturdays.
    I've heard it's not up to the quality of the first two.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I watched. It was quite good; I wouldn't mind seeing the original again so watching a faithful remake isn't all that bad. I was just pleased to see a) the French spoke French, and b) they filmed it properly and didn't go down the whirly camera route.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X