• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Black Pudding

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Black Pudding"

Collapse

• singhr
    replied
    If you find yourself in Frith St, Soho I recommend the Morcilla with fried quail eggs they serve at Barrifina. On a different planet to the black plastic wrapped stuff you get served up as part of the 'full english/irish'

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I used to enjoy black pudding until my Big Bruvva told me it is just a big scab.
    mmmm big scabs. if you dont like them, can I have yours ?

mmmmm yum yum

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

My local butcher makes pork sausages with black pud in the mix, absolutely superb.
    Sounds delish!

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    I'm very partial to black pudding, yummy so long as it's not too dry, then it's almost like sawdust. Needs to be spiced right of course.

My local butcher makes pork sausages with black pud in the mix, absolutely superb.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    I used to enjoy black pudding until my Big Bruvva told me it is just a big scab.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    I'll have to throw my tuppence in too - I bloody love black and white pudding - it's yum.

Agree with Tony English though, prefer the Irish stuff to the Bury stuff But I think it's just cos what I am used to.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    I think you'll find that was my particular sense of humour. Granted it was crap, but it was my crap.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    What an offally good thread.

I know, I know - the joke's already been done...
    I think SuetYou did that one

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    What an offally good thread.

I know, I know - the joke's already been done...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Laugh it up.

Going to have to keep a low profile for a month. Team MF, or should I say the weaker part Mrs MF agreed to a one month design contract. After reviewing said contract which says she has to do 90% of the work in the next month and then only get paid 40%, waiting for the last 60% on completion of the last 10% in August I told her to forget it as with the fact she works for me in the shop, we're closing it and I'm doing more than one contract it wouldn't be worth it as the kids would have to go into additional child care!

So she fookin agreed to it and signed it.
    Feast or famine, the lot of a contractor. Good luck with that.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I'd buy some more sausages too, it's the only way the dog will like you.
    Laugh it up.

Going to have to keep a low profile for a month. Team MF, or should I say the weaker part Mrs MF agreed to a one month design contract. After reviewing said contract which says she has to do 90% of the work in the next month and then only get paid 40%, waiting for the last 60% on completion of the last 10% in August I told her to forget it as with the fact she works for me in the shop, we're closing it and I'm doing more than one contract it wouldn't be worth it as the kids would have to go into additional child care!

So she fookin agreed to it and signed it.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I have had two very rich breakfasts the last two days with organic sausages and black pudding included. My guts are reeling.

In fact the smell is so bad in my office I may have to go out and buy a dog so I've got something to blame.
    I'd buy some more sausages too, it's the only way the dog will like you.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I like the spicy black puding you can get in Scotland and Ireland. I hate the bury type of black pudding - the one filled with big lumps of fat.
    I have had two very rich breakfasts the last two days with organic sausages and black pudding included. My guts are reeling.

In fact the smell is so bad in my office I may have to go out and buy a dog so I've got something to blame.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    That sounds like a very strict testing regime at your ClientCo.
    It's probably one of the permie interview questions

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    You can be an absolute expert in C# or SAP or whatever but it won't help one iota when it comes to disposing of a body.
    That sounds like a very strict testing regime at your ClientCo.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X