• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Umbrella Options

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Umbrella Options"

Collapse

• TomDolan
    replied
    Thanks

Appreciate the feedback guys thx

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    I use ContractorUmbrella and they have always been very good

Leave a comment:

• BillHicksRIP
    replied
    My stock answer is stay the hell away from Prosperity4, and can recommend Parasol. Both based on personal experience.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by TomDolan
    I would be greatful if anyone can recommend umbrella option as I'm just about to start contracting. I have a little experience of Giant and, with this latest contract JSA was recommended however, I've read what has been said about them and, decided they are not for me. I would have gone down the Orange Genie route however, I have made three requests for them to call and discuss their business, to date no call has materialised (shame as I thought they seemed the best option). I can only conclude they are too busy to take on new business (very unprofessional)
    When Giant and JSA get mentioned on here, it's usually in a rather negative light. I have never used either for anything, but I know several who have and all without exception had major problems somewhere along the way.
    Orange Genie used to be very good, and went seriously downhill a couple of years ago. Until fairly recently I was using Parasol, and they are probably the only brolly that get decent recommendations on here.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    I would be greatful if anyone can recommend umbrella option

Lots more here though:-

http://www.contractoruk.com/director...companies.html

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I would be greatful if anyone can recommend umbrella option as I'm just about to start contracting. I have a little experience of Giant and, with this latest contract JSA was recommended however, I've read what has been said about them and, decided they are not for me. I would have gone down the Orange Genie route however, I have made three requests for them to call and discuss their business, to date no call has materialised (shame as I thought they seemed the best option). I can only conclude they are too busy to take on new business (very unprofessional)
    Generally I find the well-made large black umbrellas are a little more robust than the compact girly ones. But best of all are the large corporate golf umbrellas. Their metallic infrastructure is designed to withstand the highest winds.

Leave a comment:

• TomDolan
    started a topic Umbrella Options

Umbrella Options

Working...
X