• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Pleurisy

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pleurisy"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    What do hospitals use?
    Hospitals are able to handle people that are not mobile but still otherwise relatively healthy, who would not require a catheter.
    Coz they go for a pee

Catheters are irrelevant to this discussion.
    They're not though are they. See first quote.

This is hard work.
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Easier than discussing with loons here is to do a 2 second search:

I think I'd prefer my chances with a coffee jar.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Hospitals are able to handle people that are not mobile but still otherwise relatively healthy, who would not require a catheter. I strongly assume anyway (thankfully I have had little to do with hospitals). Catheters are irrelevant to this discussion. Yes, I brought up hospitals, but only in relation to the current discussion. This is hard work.
    Easier than discussing with loons here is to do a 2 second search:

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    If you're too ill to get out of bed for a pee I would suggest you are suffering a more advanced bed ridden condition.
    Hospitals are able to handle people that are not mobile but still otherwise relatively healthy, who would not require a catheter. I strongly assume anyway (thankfully I have had little to do with hospitals). Catheters are irrelevant to this discussion. Yes, I brought up hospitals, but only in relation to the current discussion. This is hard work.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    For men they have some kind of bottle to use in bed, I gather. A catheter, I suspect, is for more advanced bed ridden conditions, in men at least.
    If you're too ill to get out of bed for a pee I would suggest you are suffering a more advanced bed ridden condition.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Catheters you dope
    For men they have some kind of bottle to use in bed, I gather. A catheter, I suspect, is for more advanced bed ridden conditions, in men at least.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I was trying to be funny to relieve the tension of our previous contretemps.

The horrid image, BTW, comes from Snopes. It's nothing of the sort, really. Thank God.
    Oh, okay then.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    You're the expert. But in what position? E.g. on back with legs in the air , or on knees, in bed? Either way seems little easier than getting out of bed the old fashioned way, though less funny. What do hospitals use?
    Catheters you dope
    Last edited by suityou01; 21 January 2011, 22:08. Reason: Schpelink

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    The neck of a coffee jar is wide enough for laydees to use, Shirley?
    You're the expert. But in what position? E.g. on back with legs in the air , or on knees, in bed? Either way seems little easier than getting out of bed the old fashioned way, though less funny. What do hospitals use?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    You haven't the brains to qualify to understand what you refer to as 'people like me'. You seem a bit sick too, posting images of worms in brains. Heading for a negative rep I think. In fact you may have one now.
    I was trying to be funny to relieve the tension of our previous contretemps.

The horrid image, BTW, comes from Snopes. It's nothing of the sort, really. Thank God.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    The neck of a coffee jar is wide enough for laydees to use, Shirley?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I'd like to refer the Honourable Gentleman to the point I made earlier:

You haven't the brains to qualify to understand what you refer to as 'people like me'. You seem a bit sick too, posting images of worms in brains. Heading for a negative rep I think. In fact you may have one now.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Perhaps Zippy was referring to men, or is a man?

A question to the ladies here. Have any of you ever pee'd standing up?
    I'd like to refer the Honourable Gentleman to the point I made earlier:

I would like to see a woman manage it.
    There's web sites for people like you.

(unless you put a street camera up facing into the bathroom...) <smiley>

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I bet it does it work for a bloke. But surely as a lass you're going to struggle to squat over a coffee jar from a prone position.

Just saying like.
    Perhaps Zippy was referring to men, or is a man?

A question to the ladies here. Have any of you ever pee'd standing up?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Before you know it we'll be discussing the finer points of bowls
    Crown green, I trust. Flat green bowls is a poof's game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X