• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone going to try and get 2012 Olypmics tickets?"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Yep - just working out strategy now. Will be F5-ing at 6am.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Anyone going to purchase tickets in the second round of sales tomorrow?

Don't think I will bother after not getting any in the first round.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Front-row seats for beach volleyball, rhythmic gymnastics and the warm-up area for the women's high jump have been most in demand.
    The Daily Mash - Volleyball sold out

And in real life...

Plans for skimpy skirts for 2012 women's badminton get short shrift | Olympics

"Badminton World Federation chiefs believe the skirts-only policy will boost flagging audiences for the women's game."

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Opening in March I think. Not sure how it works but I'm going to try for

Opening Ceremony
    Mens 100m Final
    Womens Pole Vault Final
    Yep, would like shotput and discus tickets. Usually easy enough even for the big tournaments. Sod the 100 metres; sure it's spectacular, but even if you pay top dollar all the good seats are given to corporate fatties, which might explain why european athletics is not attracting the most talented youngsters right now; they should fill up the best seats with schoolkids to inspire them to become athletes. Half the best seats will probably be filled fat twats on corporate jollies, rabbitting on about synergies and such.

Having said that, a top 100 metre race is a spectacle to behold. I saw Linford Christie winning in Barcelona and it was an amazing sight. Also saw Roger Black running a 200 metre in a club event once; not his usual distance, but bloody hell he was fast. If you want to see a top 100 metre race I'd recommend you go to one of the Diamond League events; Monaco's always a good one as it's a smallish stadium with good views close to the track and it always attracts the top stars due to the money available there; quite a few of them live there and jog to the stadium for the events. Samsung Diamond League
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 27 April 2011, 09:03.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post

What makes it worse is that one more than one occassion, walking in to a new gig, the first thing I have been asked is "What team do you support ?".
    Dude, I'm a football man. When you walked into the room on the last CUK outing I knew you were not a football man. If those people think you're a football man, then they are not football men. So bask warmly in the self contained smugness that you know they get ostracised at the very event they aspire to belong to.

You on the other hand are a board game guru and at the peak of your game.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    A last minute reminder for you all...

...the chance to apply for 2012 tickets closes tonight, just in case you wanted to book.

Official website for London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games tickets

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    There's something inherently dodgy about blokes who don't like sport.
    I'm horrified to admit that, for once, I agree with you.

WMFS

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I shall retort with "there's something inherently banal about those who do" then.

What makes it worse is that one more than one occassion, walking in to a new gig, the first thing I have been asked is "What team do you support ?".

I've yet to be asked who my favourite author is (Harry Harrison with Tom Holt a close second), my favourite band (and let's face it, everyone likes music, even if they don't read) (Rammstein), my favourite food (mexican), or my favourite TV show (Babylon 5 at the moment).

No. It's has to be about fricking football. Why, ffs ?

And if you reply "I prefer rugby", you still end up getting ostracised by the stupid fekkers.

It's basically an excuse to practice covert discrimination.

And God Forbid if you support the wrong team.

I've seen poor sods constantly taken the pee out of their personal choice of team, to a level where it gets quite snide and nasty, and thought, "If this what's football is all about, an excuse to bully, cajole and belittle others, then I'm far better out of it. That's not for me, thanks."

Oh dear, you're working at my clientco

I can't wait till they run a mile when a girly starts up about F1 as of next week.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I shall retort with "there's something inherently banal about those who do" then.

I've yet to be asked who my favourite author is (Harry Harrison with Tom Holt a close second), my favourite band (and let's face it, everyone likes music, even if they don't read) (Rammstein), my favourite food (mexican), or my favourite TV show (Babylon 5 at the moment).

No. It's has to be about fricking football. Why, ffs ?

And if you reply "I prefer rugby", you still end up getting ostracised by the stupid fekkers.

It's basically an excuse to practice covert discrimination.

And God Forbid if you support the wrong team.

I've seen poor sods constantly taken the pee out of their personal choice of team, to a level where it gets quite snide and nasty, and thought, "If this what's football is all about, an excuse to bully, cajole and belittle others, then I'm far better out of it. That's not for me, thanks."

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Spot on yet again.

OLYMPIC organisers have pleaded with the public to buy tickets for events not based on bikinis or hotpants.

The 2012 website crashed within minutes of being launched as Britain's men clamoured to apply for the various thinly-veiled excuses for jiggling.

Front-row seats for beach volleyball, rhythmic gymnastics and the warm-up area for the women's high jump have been most in demand.

Ruddy-faced Olympic enthusiast Wayne Hayes said: "I've applied for the most expensive seats as I'm going to need plenty of elbow room.

"I've always enjoyed myself vigorously when watching the games but to actually be there to witness the magnificent spectacle and be able to see every bead of sweat trickling down the....oh sweet Jesus Christ almighty."

Organisers are desperately trying to raise interest in the more heavily-clothed events with the introduction of qualifying swimsuit rounds for judo, three-day eventing and women's cricket.

Olympic fuhrer, Lord Coe, warned that without more flesh, tickets for events like fencing and archery will remain unsold unless local people are allowed to bring their own weapons and join in.

Coe added: "The Olympic ideal is to bring harmony between nations, but I don't see why we can't have loads of tight, hot arses bouncing up and down at the same time. And thighs."

Meanwhile, ticket helpline operative Nikki Hollis is fielding up to 200 calls a day from furtive, grunting customers asking whether they are allowed to pay extra to take home the competitor's towels.

She added: "Putting banknotes in an athlete's waistband will get you thrown out of the stadium.
    "

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Nope. I don't do sport.

I wish the competitors good luck and hope those who do go have a great time.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Nope. I don't do sport.

I wish the competitors good luck and hope those who do go have a great time.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Nope but I am going to the Womens Football World Cup which is on this year in Germany.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Hardly once in a lifetime, the Olympics are every 4 years.

If I had any inclination to go to an Olympics it wouldn't be in a crappy bit of one of the hardest cities on the planet to travel to/in where the weather is likely to be utterly crap.
    and you forgot where the tubes/trains will be on strike.

It will be interesting to see how the local infrastructure will handle the visitors, not to mention those of us trying to get into work on a daily basis.

There have been calls for city workers to work from home during the games
    Last edited by norrahe; 19 March 2011, 19:28.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    But seriously, fencing sound interesting. Tennis, Opening ceremony and Velodrome for me.
    We may go and see the fencing too.
    Pogle jr is a keen fencer, shes been doing it for a couple of years now, so it would be good to see it at the top level

Leave a comment:

Working...
X