• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How can the economy ever recover when..."

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    It will not effect me as I only ever put a tenners worth of petrol in at any one time.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Started researching the whole green energy offerings anyway and one of my contracts is to do the Business Analysis and design of a 'Green' energy dashboard & metrics for a large consultancy.

Arkansas btw.
    That'll do nicely

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Started researching the whole green energy offerings anyway and one of my contracts is to do the Business Analysis and design of a 'Green' energy dashboard & metrics for a large consultancy.

tulipsville, Arkansas btw.
    Know it well, clientco has a customer there.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Splashed out on a new dress for
    There's quite a history of splashed dresses in the Clinton family.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I once dated Chelsea Clintons ex-baby sitter.

True story dat.

Splashed out on a new dress for

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    You gotta toothpick?

J. T. Edson has much to answer for.
    I once dated Chelsea Clintons ex-baby sitter.

True story dat.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    I did.

Furniture over the rest of the year. Sheesh.

Import costs have gone up by 110% over the last 5 years coupled with 20% VAT, increased business rates and lower margins.

Time to get out of high street retail and leave it to Tescos.

Renewable energy. That's what I'm looking at now. Electricity prices to double in 5 years to take the average from £1000 per year to £2000 per year per average house. There's gold him them there hills.
    Generate your own energy | Tesco Greener Living

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    [1] It's true, the little guys don't get any breaks.
    [2] Good idea, quite a few people I have spoken to see this as a burgeoning market.
    [3] Which part of the US of A are you from. To find out MF is a redneck would be priceless.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

Arkansas btw.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Diesel will be £1.40 a litre at Easter

George Osborne's fuel hike hits families: £70 to fill up with petrol | Mail Online

Food costs are rising

General inflation is rising

Wages are not rising

How will the public be able to start spending when their disposable income is continously shrinking ?

Here on the mainland diesel Germany/Belgium/Austria/France is about £1.05

on a 60 litre tank average Joe in the UK will pay £21 per tank more than average Joe on the mainland

if he tanks once a week, that will mean average Joe in the UK has £1000 per year less disposable income than average Joe on the mainland

£1000 per year extra disposable income per hard working working would help the economy recover from the crisis

and that's only diesel, not to mention of course food is cheaper on the mainland,

I am always surprised how for many household items, the number on the price tag is the same in the UK as the mainland, excepting the currency is different

and that folks, is why, recovery from the crisis, in the UK, is going to be slow

good luck

Milan.
    It is easy for the economy to recover.
    BoE can just print a few more notes and use them to buy debt certificates from anyone who want to borrow some money at an artificially low rate. The borrowers will spend the borrowed money on imported goods and then the GDP will show an increase.

GDP increasing is the right way to measure economic recovery, right?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    [3] Which part of the US of A are you from. To find out MF is a redneck would be priceless.

Sixtoesville, Alabama, or one of those other friendly, sleepy little communities where they shoot moderate democrats through the head?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I did.

Import costs have gone up by 110% over the last 5 years coupled with 20% VAT, increased business rates and lower margins.

Renewable energy. That's what I'm looking at now. Electricity prices to double in 5 years to take the average from £1000 per year to £2000 per year per average house. There's gold him them there hills.
    [1] It's true, the little guys don't get any breaks.
    [2] Good idea, quite a few people I have spoken to see this as a burgeoning market.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I thought you made a mint on those sledges.
    I did.

Leave a comment:

• Kanye
    replied
    This inflation is the 'cost' of these low interest rates.

If it carries on, bond markets will start demanding higher interest rates to cover the inflation risk. I don't expect a rise today, but give it a few months and inflation will be driving rate rises.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    We go through 2 tanks of
    petrol and 1 of diesel each week.

Though I have put my rates up 15% on last year.
    Now I know that you're of below average intelligence but please keep reading the question until you understand it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X