• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Calls to prayer...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Calls to prayer..."

Collapse

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I don't have a problem with it so long as it's in Turkey.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Grand Bazaar - it seems like there are 100 lines of merchandise - and every shop is exactly the same.

Rugs, lights, hubble bubble pipes, rip off t-shirts, leather, clothes, ceramics, chess sets, gold, silver...
    That sounds like the Edgware Road towards Marble Arch, especially the use of hubble bubble pipes.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

She went with you?

Tam-Tam-Rama-Rama-Ding-Dong

No.

My Cousin and his Missus.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    We didnt get hassled too much.

Tone

She went with you?

Tam-Tam-Rama-Rama-Ding-Dong

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    We went to Taksim Square last night - not much there a few bars and loads of kebab shops.

Had a good day yesterday apart from the rain - it was warm which was refreshing and made a change from recent show.

Grand Bazaar - it seems like there are 100 lines of merchandise - and every shop is exactly the same.

Rugs, lights, hubble bubble pipes, rip off t-shirts, leather, clothes, ceramics, chess sets, gold, silver...

We didnt get hassled too much.

Tone

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Is that Leicester?
    No sounds more like Whitechapel

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Not so bad in the winter but in the summer they start at about 5am! I stayed in Taksim Square near the ‘road of a thousand kebab take-aways’

Is that Leicester?

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Not so bad in the winter but in the summer they start at about 5am! I stayed in Taksim Square near the ‘road of a thousand kebab take-aways’

6.25am -ish.

Tone.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    a very evocative sound, I'm staying right next to a large mosque.

Very 'different'.

Tone

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    Why the heck would you spend Christmas in Birmingham?

Seemed a good idea at the time...

Tone

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied

Very 'different'.

Tone
    Why the heck would you spend Christmas in Birmingham?

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    started a topic Calls to prayer...

Calls to prayer...

Very 'different'.

Tone

Working...
X